Thread: Tecom / Permaconn sending closing signal twice hours appart

Thanks

Default Tecom / Permaconn sending closing signal twice hours appart

Hello all,

One of my sites has a challenger panel with a permaconn (dialer interface DI300) and it keeps reporting the closing signal twice, hours apart.

User would arm the system at a normal time and will send the closing signal at that time, then the next day around 5:30 am the panel sends its daily timer test AND sends the same closing signal again (aprox 10 seconds before timer test)

Its always the same user reported that armed it the night before, as in if user 200 arms at night it sends user 200 in the morning also closing, if it was user 251 than its 251 ect, so its not the same user always reporting.

There shouldn't be anything to auto arm that area, even if there was it wouldn't report different user codes.

This is a new site, and looking through the history it hasnt always done this, looks like it only started when i was last onsite, the permaconn was powered off a lock power supply as a temp measure but voltage must have droped and reported low DC and Batt volt, now has correct power supply and power and batt are ok.

Not sure if its the permaconn playing tricks, or the panel, easily tested by maybe powering down the permaconn or even also panel, if no fix unplug the panel from the permaconn and let it dial on landline only and see if it reports to the backup dialer account, however this requires more and more site visits, disruptions and cant downgrade there monitoring to dialer only just to test.

Anyone had this issue before??

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I would check the history of the panel to see if there any FTC messages - a Challenger will show you a heap of stuff like DTMF Ack Not Detected, Redialling etc. Typically the panel will buffer a signal that fails to communicate and then send it the next time the dialler is triggered and is able to get through - in this case, when the auto test occurs.
    Short of that, I would try dropping it back on a PSTN line and see if it does it again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Default Re: Tecom / Permaconn sending closing signal twice hours appart

I had the same problem with a challenger and a UHS unit. Check challenger review for DTMF errors and radial attempts, if you have these events in history you'll need to upgrade the firmware on the challenger.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk 2