Thread: Ups'

Thanks

Talking Ups'

Hi All,

Apologies if i'm dragging up an old topic, (and yes I've looked around on the old posts) but I'm in the market for a couple of good quality UPS' nothing to big, to suit alarm panel and modem on one and PC on the other. I know it sounds a bit out there to put the UPS on the Alarm since it's battery backed up but it's more so for a surge protector for the alarm and a UPS for the modem.

From what I've read APC are a good brand but replacement batteries are just as much as buying a new UPS.

Can you throw some suggestions at me so I can do a bit of research and what sort of cost one could expect.

Any help would be appreciated.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Eaton 5110 Line Interactive UPS 500VA will do the trick nicely. Around ninety bucks if you're smart, but shipping can be expensive as they're heavy.

Every two years you'll want to replace the battery and yes, it will probably cost more than the old one. I tend to 'donate' them to stereos, beer fridges or local charities on the understanding that it will probably last another five years but could blow up tomorrow killing thousands.

• The Following User Says Thank You to downunderdan For This Useful Post:

AdRock (04-01-13)