Thread: TomTom XXl 540

Thanks

Default TomTom XXl 540

I finally got my hands on a TomTom GPS unit. I was going to update the Australian Maps and Navcore plus Sppedcam / Redlight Cams as well as POI if they exist or new ones. Which version of Australian Map and Navcore update would I need?

I downloaded an installer called TomTom Home. It installed on my Windows 7PC to enable it to detect and read the GPS device. After going through create backup etc, it had downloaded new Australian Map and some other items.

When I switched the GPS on to connect with my computer , I navigated to the device and had found it did not update the Australian Map..hmmmm. So I'm not sure what happened. I also searched for folder that had Navcore...could not find any...I seen something like config folder. or Syst File text...it said something about Navcore-LE 9.510 and some other numbers as 9.5.10.2.2039

I have no idea what those other numbers relate to.

Australian Map said something like 715.met

After finishing the search. I switched the device on to load. It went directly to a Sydney location, probably by default...it has no navigation buttons to choose where a person wants to go.. so how would I plan a route e.g.going from Brisbane to Hendon in Qld?..I have no experience with TomTom.

I reside in Brisbane.

It has no facilities for SDCard, its all internal memory..

Could anyone be kind enough to help me on this.

Cheers, Bondy99

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Update,

Ok, Found the way to open the navigation screen for destination, apparently one needs to tap the centre of the screen (had to read the book with very small words) but thats about it.

Thanks

Bump

Thanks

Thanks , managed to get this device soughted after much trial and error.

Moderators, could you be kind enough to remove this post / thread if it's deemed to be no longer valid.

Thanks, bondy99