Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Xbmc media boxes

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflets View Post
    sqaure m8 latest firmware seemed to sorted 99.9% issues and made 99.9% people happy
    To you have a source link for that quote?

Premium Member
    Thanks

sqaure m8 latest firmware seemed to sorted 99.9% issues and made 99.9% people happy
    Do you have a source link for that quote?
    Considering the hardware simply doesn't support some formats, i guess it comes down to your own personal standards for play back.
    Im not a fan of jumpy and jogging playback or audio sync issues, and i doubt 99.9% of people are either.

Well after spending 4 hours with a Media Player Store owner, trying HiMedia with Realtek and various other media players... Its clear, there is no real winner.
    Its horses for courses... Some play media better, but then lack in the Android experience. Some have a great Android experience, but suffer at Media Playback.
    End of the day, support is key.... The M8 is still a worthy buy, even tho it stutters with some media..

Making your own mini pc or nuc would be the solution or wait for some new market releases.

Had enough, going home!
    Last edited by ol' boy; 24-10-14 at 10:08 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

admin (25-10-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Do you have a source link for that quote?
    Considering the hardware simply doesn't support some formats, i guess it comes down to your own personal standards for play back.
    Im not a fan of jumpy and jogging playback or audio sync issues, and i doubt 99.9% of people are either.

Well after spending 4 hours with a Media Player Store owner, trying HiMedia with Realtek and various other media players... Its clear, there is no real winner.
    Its horses for courses... Some play media better, but then lack in the Android experience. Some have a great Android experience, but suffer at Media Playback.
    End of the day, support is key.... The M8 is still a worthy buy, even tho it stutters with some media..

Making your own mini pc or nuc would be the solution or wait for some new market releases.

Had enough, going home!
    Here you go oceanboy :

Chieflets
    It's amazing how 2 people could be one on forums, must be identity theft cough cough 

• The Following User Says Thank You to Chieflets For This Useful Post:

bigpaul (27-10-14)

Thanks

Here you go oceanboy :

Chieflets
    I see were your going with that post Chieflets but you started me now...this too is a classic () sorry to hijack the thread!

Premium Member
    Thanks

Here you go oceanboy :

Chieflets
    About the same as most of your posts.... hollow with no relevant information.
    If you actually do care to post something productive and helpful, be my guest.

Anyone can quote about firmwares without links or actual findings.... Some of us sadly don't live in the land of make believe.

How about your next post has some tangible facts
    Last edited by ol' boy; 30-10-14 at 09:16 PM.

Thanks

anyone wanting reviews of the Minix? Well yes they work well. The Mini5 is as good as the Neo7 the RAm has no effect on performance. Your bandwidth speed might be the only contributing factor apart from the bandwidth at the source. Wifi Is great, Ethernet better. Everything still appears to be SD but this seems to be source driven.
    Updating firmware can be tedious, but there is a great youtube step by step on doing this (windows machine required).
    Personally i use an Intel NUC for XBMC because it needs to be operated by my Push Control system.
    Last edited by Bula; 03-11-14 at 11:11 AM.

• Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345