Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Google Adsense will no longer be shown

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 607 Posts

Now I understand nothing at all. Just did a with the result "Not Banned from Google AdSense!"

???? Who has deleted link to screenshot image I originally inserted here - Why ????

AFAIK, it's a Google Adsense policy violation to create a new AdSense account if your old account has been disabled. Google no longer wants to do business with you.
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 26-10-14 at 06:25 PM. Reason: question asked

Thanks

As admin clearly stated in the first post of this thread, Austech has not been banned from AdSense, its account has been suspended.
    Last edited by Coldamus; 26-10-14 at 06:32 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coldamus For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (26-10-14),ssrattus (26-10-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,531 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bibliophile View Post
    I'm glad to hear it.
    Now put your money where your mouth is.

I feel strongly about this forum and would not like to see it fail for lack of member support.
    I am on record as being willing to pay more to keep it going.
    If Admin requires assistance to maintain the site I am willing to volunteer.
    If I am out of line let the members judge me.
    Again pull your head in, it is not your call IMO to be pushing and trying to pressure members into to upgrading their accounts, If you feel that strongly take it up with Admin and offer him a hefty donation!

Thanks

Come on guys. Stop your bickering.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 3,031 Times in 777 Posts

So basically 20 bucks will do it for a year? Lets say half of all members were to elevate to premium. What would the web site costs, be divided by the half of all members? Still 20 bucks? Cause it's fair to say not all will/can donate.

Oh and add in some VB and vegemite shipped to "Under the Boardwalk" AC, NJ, USA to the cost for my account!
    Last edited by cmangle; 27-10-14 at 07:58 AM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 958 Posts

Premium membership to me is just supporting the Forum, & I have been helped a lot on this forum, & I would dred the thought that the Forum may disappear one day,
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

• The Following User Says Thank You to OSIRUS For This Useful Post:

Bibliophile (01-11-14)

Banned

Thanks

Google should spend more time setting up strict rules for themselves and cleaning their OWN house!

• The Following User Says Thank You to cmangle For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (28-10-14)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 958 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmangle View Post
    Google should spend more time setting up strict rules for themselves and cleaning their OWN house!
    particularly when only 3 complaints from who knows who can put your Adsense at risk on a large forum. (with over 63000 members)
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 28-10-14 at 09:20 AM.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony54 View Post
    I think we need to know what path Admin is going to take, I for one don't have any problems upgrading my membership but would not be happy if the site is shut down in a couple of months time
    Thats not going to happen. Regardless, even if it was, I would not be giving every Premium Member 12 months notice or paying them pro rata refunds for what is supposed to be site support.

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    Part of running the site is copping the heat that comes from people like Irdeto for example in the past.
    No its not.

Why should you expect me to be prosecuted for others or your content ?

Maybe the passion for running the site has been lost and therefor the interest in keeping it running like in the past?
    Its not a matter of passion, its the fact that if I dont keep contributing no one else does. As simple as that. And I dont have a passion for being sued and losing my home. Would you ?

I am not saying I am Austech, but I will state the facts. I am the largest site contributor. Up until 18 months ago , the most days I have had off site was 3. So basically, I havent had a holiday for 17 years apart from a couple of weekends away in the early 2000's which still required me to be online daily and even had a member ring me about getting an infraction at 1 am. Not what I would call peaceful.

18 months ago I decided I needed a break and didnt come on here for 4 weeks. One member (bagman) sent me a PM to ask if I was ok, other than that, no one else noticed. That one month of me not being here resulted in a permanent 15% drop in traffic.

The more I dont come here and dont post, the more Austech loses ground. Again, I am not claiming I am the messiah, I am stating facts. I have asked on numerous occasions for people to start contributing, apart from a handfull of people it falls on deaf ears.

Austech will still be here, but whether its worth being here is entirely up to the membership. If people want to come here, leach what they want and not contribute either financially as a PM or actively as a posting member then you can expect to go the way of the Dodo. But again, I tell you all this every 6 months dont I ? And people dont listen.

As I have been doing for the last 6 months, I contribute to the site when I feel like it. There wont be any guilt from me for not being here posting every day. Thats not my job, its the memberships. Nor is it my job to wear the legal liability by allowing members to excessively push past legal limits.

As I said earlier, the current rules will stay exactly the same until such time that I decide to vary them. And as I also mentioned, they wont be changed until a lot of thought goes in to changing them to ensure I dont have to put up constant legal liability. Those that now think we can turn the site in to Pirate Bay are absolutely dreaming.

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

casull (29-10-14),cmangle (28-10-14),lsemmens (28-10-14),OSIRUS (28-10-14),Tiny (28-10-14),tony54 (28-10-14),tristen (28-10-14)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 Times in 3,338 Posts

Thank you for spelling it out, Admin, problem is, some people can't spell.......

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 Times in 835 Posts

I'd been wondering how DJ Matts new job at Google was going.....

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Pirate bay is the extreme opposite. There needs to be a middle ground and of course files hosted by upload companies.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    Pirate bay is the extreme opposite. There needs to be a middle ground and of course files hosted by upload companies.

Leroy
    A page full of pirate software links v's a page full of pirated software links ?

Its a bit like calling one half a dozen and the other six. The end result is the exact same. Pig on a lipstick is still of course, a pig.

As I mentioned earlier if someone wants to take full legal liability for the site by providing 100 points of ID (and signing a notice accepting legal liability) so I can refer any company making a legal claim directly to you, please be my guest. But be aware you may be sued of course.

How about you leroy ?

Banned

Thanks

"Pig on a lipstick is still of course, a pig."

But a prettier pig depending on how many cans of VB and whether there's two or four legs!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,166 Times in 389 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Again pull your head in, it is not your call IMO to be pushing and trying to pressure members into to upgrading their accounts, If you feel that strongly take it up with Admin and offer him a hefty donation!
    OK, I did come on a bit strong and for that I apologise.
    For most of my life, I lived a delusion

• The Following User Says Thank You to Bibliophile For This Useful Post:

Rick (01-11-14)

• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123