Thread: Now this say something if this mob is doing deliveries again

Thanks

Default Now this say something if this mob is doing deliveries again

Oh boy oh boy oh boy, Macca's doing food deliveries again at certain stores, what does this tell you they doing it tuff with all the competition these days.

they had this possibly 8 years ago and now re introducing it again, it's bad enough when you buy it in store by the time you walk to your table to eat it the food is stale cold and their fries tastes like cardboard imagine a 10 minute delivery

they are doing it tough ever since they cried poor for the lowest wage earn had to get a 0.50 pay rise an hour and no more meals if you do 4hrs shift + and all the bad publicity of burgers being put back after hours in china etc and the closure of Macca's in Russia

Maybe Austech has inspired people too cook home meal more often now with "what's for dinner tonight" segment posts

Last edited by Chieflets; 28-11-14 at 03:44 PM.
    It's amazing how 2 people could be one on forums, must be identity theft cough cough 

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I also note in NSW they have strategically placed the deliveries many high rise apartment surroundings with 100 + tenements per high rise, universities etc. unless they are mcdonalds owned and not franchisee's because they seem to be highest turn over stores
    It's amazing how 2 people could be one on forums, must be identity theft cough cough 

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflets View Post
    Oh boy oh boy oh boy, Macca's doing food deliveries again at certain stores, what does this tell you they doing it tuff with all the competition these days.
    I havent seen anything about their profits dropping drastically. It makes sense to me , why not ? They have been doing it in a number of countries for years, decades even.

they had this possibly 8 years ago and now re introducing it again
    It wasnt that long ago, you posted in a thread about it last year

Administrator
    Thanks

Credit to member jokiin

Thanks

been few closure, when do you see KFC or Mcdonalds store close down not very often

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflets View Post
    when do you see KFC or Mcdonalds store close down not very often
    I havent seen one close ever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    i have 2 KFC and 1 Mcdonalds in Sydney.

Administrator
    Thanks

A lot of fast food stores are leased and not owned. Leases finish, stores move, rents go up, stores move. Google the stores and see what the actual reason for each individual closure is.

Thanks

here one example of KFC - closed it's franchise, I sure if you do search you will find the rest and even the ones I don't know off.

I do reliese they have leases, it wouldn't be cost effective to relocate because of few hundred dollar increase of rent and I'm sure they they would have clause in the contract where they could renew at the end of the term which would be a ridiculous 20 or 30 + years

example one of the woollies warehouse has 100 year lease so we are not talking 1 to 2 year leases

Last edited by Chieflets; 28-11-14 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,797 Times in 862 Posts

Hmmm....
    I am almost 100% certain that read something the Maccas business model.
    And one of the key arguments in there was that Maccas is the biggest real estate on the planet.
    Over 90% of their stores are their property including the land they stand on.
    Was a few years back but there they already the real estate value to be in the billions.
    Only in areas where you can't really buy they settle on a lease, like shopping centers or airports.

And yes, their food handling procedures are nothing to be proud of.
    There have several "documentaries" where teens and adults started working for Maccas onyl to provide hidden video and audio footage.
    Some stores scored better, some did really bad but compared to the same actions in other fast food outlets it is like comparing a restaurant with a recycling factory.
    Deliveries were tried too but only for those stores with plenty of lazy people very close by, like high rise appartment blocks and schools.
    After several incedents the deliveries were abandoned due to safety concerns for the poor teens running around with a few hundred dollars worth in junk food.
    Tomtom GO730 ,Navcore 9.004 ,Bootloader 5.5256 ,Map :Australia 845.2661
    ttmaps and Tomplayer on 16GB SDHC class6
    Password for all my files: downunder

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Downunder35m View Post
    Hmmm....
    I am almost 100% certain that read something the Maccas business model.
    And one of the key arguments in there was that Maccas is the biggest real estate on the planet.
    Over 90% of their stores are their property including the land they stand on.
    Was a few years back but there they already the real estate value to be in the billions.
    Only in areas where you can't really buy they settle on a lease, like shopping centers or airports.

And yes, their food handling procedures are nothing to be proud of.
    There have several "documentaries" where teens and adults started working for Maccas onyl to provide hidden video and audio footage.
    Some stores scored better, some did really bad but compared to the same actions in other fast food outlets it is like comparing a restaurant with a recycling factory.
    Deliveries were tried too but only for those stores with plenty of lazy people very close by, like high rise appartment blocks and schools.
    After several incedents the deliveries were abandoned due to safety concerns for the poor teens running around with a few hundred dollars worth in junk food.
    can you imagine the pickle that would be thrown at the delivery person. , I know at some macca's after 11pm they don't put pickle in their buggers because all the pisspots throw them on the macca's windows, they should also reduce the price of the burger since 1 less ingredient.

then the big mac meal would be called the big mac kurac meal
    Last edited by Chieflets; 28-11-14 at 10:09 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I have. In nunawading when it was roughly opposite the whitehorse hotel. (Also gone) Was my first part time job at that store. It moved further up the road to the main intersection.
    Was also a kfc in fern tree gully that closed years ago too.
    But yes, rarely do they close down.
    Last edited by aa23; 29-11-14 at 06:32 AM.

Thanks

The first KFC in Aus was closed only a year or so ago, the same property is now home to a 7/11 and 2 newer fast food franchises. I thought it was interesting that instead of a building in the middle of the land all the stores are now around the boundary and a larger car park in the middle. The 7/11 sits where a long closed Pizza Hut once stood.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Our local Pizza outlet started in a stand alone store on the main highway and shared the parking area with KFC.
    After some time, the Pizza Hut closed and moved into the Main street as a Store Front only shop.
    I believe the business is a franchise run store and the story was that the then 'All you could Eat' policy in at the time was sending them broke.
    By moving to a 'store front' this removed the requirement to supply the 'All you can eat' policy and other features a stand alone store must provide.

We have 5 franchises presently , McDonalds, KFC, Red Rooster,Pizza Hut and Domino's which I think is pretty much the order of their popularity.
    We have been waiting over 5 years for the holders of the Hungry Jacks franchise to start building only to hear recently they have resubmitted a new DA covering alterations to the original application.

That first KFC was around Lakemba area wasnt it (after 1970?) as I think I went there not long after it opened.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!