Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Austech Christmas Giveaway

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Less than half an hour to go, get in quick !

Thanks

Street Guardian

10 minutes to go

Administrator
    Thanks

Thanks everyone for your participation.

I am drawing the prize for the 1st camera only.......Rick from Street Guardian will judge the second.

The winner of the first camera is post number 271.

Congratulations go to user willys701926

Just on a seperate note, I would like to advise that we dont/wont be tolerating cheating. Those that want to try it in future will be publicly exposed live in the thread and can suffer the shame. So be warned.
    And its not new members/low posters that attempt it, its established members that should know better.

I'll leave the thread open for Rick at his leisure.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (19-12-14),Jims Brother (19-12-14),OSIRUS (19-12-14),ssrattus (19-12-14),weirdo (19-12-14)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post

Just on a seperate note, I would like to advise that we dont/wont be tolerating cheating. Those that want to try it in future will be publicly exposed live in the thread and can suffer the shame. So be warned.
    And its not new members/low posters that attempt it, its established members that should know better.
    Maybe the rules were misinterpreted?

Ok so what do you mean by cheating?

I wasn't completely sure that as a Premium member that I had 2 entries per 2 giveaways, 2 with just Street Guardian & 2 with added text for the second giveaway, making 4 posts all up.??
    Was that correct?
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 637 Posts

I'm sure the rules were misinterpreted by more than a few people, there were two ways to win, random draw and 50 words or less, lots of people didn't have a go at the 50 words so much higher odds for those that did that, it was still one entry for members, two for premium

Anyway I'm out at the moment but will go into more detail when I get a chance to get back in front of my computer

If the winner of the random draw can send me details I'll arrange the prize, second one I'll announce once I can get back to my desk

Thanks to all that participated

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jok11n For This Useful Post:

aa23 (21-12-14),BillyGoat (19-12-14),Godzilla (19-12-14),OSIRUS (19-12-14),ssrattus (19-12-14),Tiny (20-12-14)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

In that case I have publicly exposed myself for being stupid; as it was not my intention to cheat.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

jok11n (20-12-14)

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Ok so what do you mean by cheating?
    There are certain people here who thought it was a good idea to increase their chances of winning by making multiple accounts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    There are certain people here who thought it was a good idea to increase their chances of winning by making multiple accounts.
    I hope the winning post is not the case, notice the only posts made have been in competitions

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

No.... Admin checks all the winners and any cheats are weeded out.

• The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteOx For This Useful Post:

jok11n (20-12-14)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jok11n View Post
    I hope the winning post is not the case, notice the only posts made have been in competitions
    The very reason i am not interested in these giveaway promotions and nor did i enter.
    But, it's not about me
    If it helps the site and admin and staff, by way of Site Promotion, and gives something back, then all the power to it!
    I just hope it works.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 20-12-14 at 08:42 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

F&%K, didn't see this until now, S&^T
    When I explained to the guy what avatar I wanted, that wasn't what I meant!

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    No.... Admin checks all the winners and any cheats are weeded out.
    Yes, I check all winners carefully.

Just to clarify what I was referring to.......I am not talking about small entry mistakes. I am referring to people engaged in deliberate cheating by registering or using multiple accounts.

Its poor form, and I am warning that in the future (ie, any further draws) I will publicly expose members involved in deliberate cheating. No one has anything to worry about unless they are actively involved in deliberately cheating the system.

So , no tiny, not you mate And I will also say 99% of people of course do the right thing, it just annoys us greatly when we see people trying to cheat. of course if there number had been drawn, I would have been forced to explain why we were not awarding the prize to them. So they cant win either way.....they think they are increasing their chances, but if they do win, I will publicly blow the whistle on them, so they might as well not bother

Hope that clears things up a bit

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (21-12-14),jok11n (20-12-14),OSIRUS (20-12-14),rknsw (20-12-14),ssrattus (20-12-14),Tiny (20-12-14)

Thanks

Count me in.

Thanks

X2,whoops too late.
    Last edited by Hugh; 20-12-14 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Stupidity

Administrator
    Thanks

Thanks

I would just name and shame.
    Then we would know the members who think we are fools.

Thanks

ok have just spent the past few hours going through the thread for the second prize, it seems a lot of people didn't get it and missed what we were asking, ie; why would you want one which means that not too many people were in the running for the second one, good odds for those that did understand, in no particular order these posts stood out

Quote Originally Posted by mattwalker View Post
    I need to protect my pride and joy whilst getting some high quality footage of what she can do
    (I love my car and want to keep mementos)

Quote Originally Posted by Mods View Post
    I tend to be involved in road rage incidents more frequently than I would like. At least with the camera I will have proof for the police
    Cheers.
    (now they'll listen to me, they have to, I have proof)

Quote Originally Posted by noname View Post
    Everyone on the road should have one of these. If everyone knew their actions were being recorded, the roads would be much safer. It's surely going to happen in the future, and the quicker we get there, the better for us all!
    (being conscious of what you're doing makes you more responsible for your actions)

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post

At first I had no idea what it was because all I saw were the last few posts, but now I know, I WANT!!!!
    (ok, now I get it)

Quote Originally Posted by rknsw View Post

With the recent changes in NSW where police are no longer attending most MV accidents not involving injury, responsibility becomes an issue between drivers. Street Guardian will give credibility to a drivers version of event and become a silent but valuable witness.
    (don't get railroaded or caught out when someone else can produce a witness and you can't)

Quote Originally Posted by kde View Post
    " If I had a Street Guardian I could prove to the insurance company that it wasn't my fault ! "
    (save that excess)

Quote Originally Posted by suptob View Post
    Really need one of these so that the next time someone runs a red light and crashes into me, I will have the proof ! Had to pay insurance excess because there were no witnesses and the offending car came from my right !!!
    (I know already how much this can cost me)

Now this pretty much sums up what the cameras are about, a lot of people don't know much about them still and it is still very early days for this market but some points that come out of these quotes, insurance is expensive, protecting your no claim bonus and saving your excess can amount to a sizable amount of change these days, in many cases police don't attend accidents and leave people to their own devices to sort things out or let insurance companies work things out and that's not always as cut and dried as we might hope, as Godzilla recently found out when he was sideswiped by a truck that kept on truckin and didn't bother to stop, if he didn't have a camera he would have been seriously out of pocket, having footage of the what went on ended up being very valuable

Now some people as quoted above see this already and understand the benefits having a camera brings, safer driving, protecting your interests, saving your excess, just being able to prove what happened or sometimes they just want one, but right now our business is very much one of word of mouth or referral business, most of our camera sales come from someone else that already has one, people are still very much only learning about them from others that have them already, it's getting better but it's still something a lot of people don't know about and I think lsemmens summed it up well when he said he didn't know what it was but once he did know then he wanted one, that's kind of where we're at now, once people understand the product and the purpose it serves then they see the value

So for this second prize lsemmens is our winner, for the others though that I've quoted above all had really worthwhile responses and while I can't afford to give away more cameras if anyone else that I've quoted here is interested in one PM me and I'll do something over and above the other offers that we've made available to members here

Thanks again to everyone that participated

• The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jok11n For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

admin (21-12-14),Bibliophile (21-12-14),BillyGoat (21-12-14),efab (21-12-14),gavogr (21-12-14),Godzilla (21-12-14),OSIRUS (21-12-14),rknsw (23-12-14),Seymour Butts (21-12-14),ssrattus (21-12-14),Tiny (21-12-14)

Thanks

Great prizes.
    Thanks Jok11n.
    Merry Christmas to you.

• The Following User Says Thank You to BillyGoat For This Useful Post:

jok11n (21-12-14)

Administrator
    Thanks

A big thanks to Rick and Street Guardian for donating the 2 prizes. There has been a great response, and it benefits both the business donating the items and Austech members get something out of it as well.

We have another giveaway coming up on Boxing Day with Benq Australia, so check your email around that time. Please remember, you have an EXCELLENT chance of winning a prize in our draws and at worse you get a discounted price on the product.

We are always looking for new products for our giveaways, and you as a business or company get advertising that money cant buy from us. If you think you might have something we are interested in, drop us a line at andrew @ the site you are currently on.

Thanks again for your participation.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (21-12-14),jok11n (21-12-14)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

THANK YOU! I appreciate it, I've been off air for a couple of days preparing for Christmas, we had our Family Christmas party last night because all were heading to other parts of the state to celebrate with their partner's families. This has come as a very pleasnat surprise. I appreciate the time and effort that admin, the mods, and rick have put in to imporve this forum! So, another big THANK YOU from me! Have a great Christmas one, and all.

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Bagman (21-12-14),jok11n (21-12-14),rknsw (23-12-14),Seymour Butts (21-12-14),ssrattus (21-12-14),Tiny (21-12-14),WhiteOx (21-12-14)

• Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526 LastLast