Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Differential issue...or not ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weirdo View Post
    what sort of tyres do you have ?
    maybe check the wear and/or rotate them
    sometimes those aggressive block patterns can wear feathered creating more noise, especially at higher speeds
    This happens with mine, I have to rotate every 5000km.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weirdo View Post
    what sort of tyres do you have ?
    maybe check the wear and/or rotate them
    sometimes those aggressive block patterns can wear feathered creating more noise, especially at higher speeds
    Yes, you may be onto something. The road was bone dry today and the grinding noise seemed a bit more dominat.
    I swapped the rear left that looked a bit different with the spare but not much changed.
    I am pretty certian swapping them all around will not do much. They are all the same brand NangKan and probably all making noise. That is probably why I can't locate it.
    A search on the net revealed that they can get noisy after 10,000Km. One reviewer mentioned they sound like bearing noise.

I mentioned in my OP that I first thought of the tires but panicked a bit when I found the hot diff.

As for the diff temp it has now only been around 45˚C, but I normally drive 80km/h for 10-15min and after that only town traffic. Only a moron would drive faster on these crappy roads here.
    The other day I was on a different stretch of highway doing 110 and the weather may have been hotter.
    I don't know how the diff will stand up to long distance trips.

Yes Leroy, it is a LSD.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 29-01-15 at 12:39 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

The front and rear will wear differently, try doing a full tire rotatio.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12