Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: IPTV reciever /box recommendations please

Thanks

Don't hurry up, the latest Amlogic S905 chipset Box will arrive soon.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I find the m8 streams fine. When using Kodi and going through channel menus in the navix addon for example it might kick you out every so often. Or might kick you out when browsing channels. But if you have a good live stream its ok. If buffering heaps it tries to keep up but not sure if it runs out of memory and then eventually goes back to the channel list. Might appeared locked up when you select a channel at times but that channel then seems to be inactive so probe seems reasonable but it doesn't always go back to the channel list after it times out. You have to hit the home button to go back to the home screen and go back into kodi. Streaming a movie or show with Kodi, its been good. I almost wonder why I subscribed to Netflix. But might be a different story when I get back to oz. I find the Netflix interface not as good as using Internet Explorer because I can't seem to select the episode in a series but it will play the next one in order no probs. All in all pretty happy with it. I want to get a dual boot Pipe X7s dual boot windows/android box and then see if that behaves the same.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

just to add something different, ive got a zidoo x9 it has HDMI in, where you can schedule and record from a hdmi source.

its good for me as it records from my MX box, just recently got it but its been good recording NBA when im at work,
    kodi works good but i dont use addons, i use my MX box with my IPTV sub.

the built in explorer and player has been good at playing movies from my network.

has its own forums and has been updated frequently since release.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yeahbabi For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (10-05-15),pheggie (10-05-15)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 886 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yeahbabi View Post
    just to add something different, ive got a zidoo x9 it has HDMI in, where you can schedule and record from a hdmi source.

its good for me as it records from my MX box, just recently got it but its been good recording NBA when im at work,
    kodi works good but i dont use addons, i use my MX box with my IPTV sub.

the built in explorer and player has been good at playing movies from my network.

has its own forums and has been updated frequently since release.
    Keep in mind most hdmi recorder boxes won't record 5.1 dolby digital just PCM stereo usually as mp4 with stereo aac.
    Last edited by pheggie; 10-05-15 at 07:33 PM.

Thanks

I would say the mags boxes are most stable at the minute. I have an apple tv box which is good also

Thanks

Paul

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pheggie View Post
    Keep in mind most hdmi recorder boxes won't record 5.1 dolby digital just PCM stereo usually as mp4 with stereo aac.
    yeah confirm its only stereo aac.
    even though its in stereo, the recorder is very useful for my setup, for others its probably a useless function.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Can anyone with one of these let us know what they think of it ?

They are a bit of a step up in price, but I dont mind paying a bit more for something a bit better than the M8.
    I have one and am very happy with it, but I bought it when the Aussie Dollar was high and the price much more reasonable. If I was buying at the moment I would go for a Transmart as per my previous posts. It is much better value for money and so far seems to work as well as the Minix.

• Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234