Thread: Bosch Solution 16+ Direct Link always enable?

Thanks

Default Bosch Solution 16+ Direct Link always enable?

Hello
    On the Solution 16+, is there any way to allow the Direct Link serial connections at any time without having to first be at the keypad to enter the installer menu & enabling 505 Start Direct Link?

This would be ideal for remote access, as my Panel is always connected to my PC which I can securely VPN in to.

I do have a complicated workaround...
    1. Raspberry Pi running Asterisk/FreePBX.
    2. Linksys VoIP ATA with 2 extensions, one to the alarm, the other to a modem connected to my PC.
    3. Via existing VPN/Remote Desktop, I can make my PC dial in to the panel using the modem
    4. Then via the Solution Link software I can now access the virtual keypad, enter installer code, 505,
    5. Hangup the modem
    6. Then straight away Connect via Serial port then works of course....all without being in-front of the keypad
    Last edited by Earthling; 31-03-15 at 11:23 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

If the Solutionlink software is already talking to the panel via the modem, why do you then want to create a new connection via direct cable?

The Solutionlink software is really aimed at installers for changing system programming etc. I can't imagine why you'd want to dial into it particularly often. If you just want to arm/disarm, there are other easier ways of doing this.