Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
    What? box,dish,card and cable??
    box & card

Thanks

From another forum is this sorta all they do

r
    esearch on the net on this finds

you can but a white card from $80 up to $250 depending on where or who you know. although supply is short forcing up prices.

you can buy a STB for just over $100

You can download the auto updating file for the card off the net. also download the right firmware for the box.

you can buy a jaycar smartcard programmer for $50 and modify it for these cards.

Thanks

a box and card on its own isnt going to get you squat without a dish and properly installed. the white card updates on its own, if it doesnt youve got troubles. what do you want to modify the card for with a programmer? if you do you will kill it. also never heard of working whitey going for $80 to $250 i think most payed about $400

hth

Thanks

cards in bulk 50 + $80ea probably more now that was 3 mths ago

Thanks

if you like looking at a black screen, $80 it is, but if you want pictures on your tv, expect to pay $400

• The Following User Says Thank You to bs_ink For This Useful Post:

nanolimit (26-07-12)

Thanks

to diy you could set up for about $250 with all hardware needed, but then you need the card which you cant program yourself no matter what anybody tells you "on the street". to get a working card expect to pay $400, you might be lucky and find cheaper but i wouldnt think much cheaper. there is no guarantee with the card, it might work for years, or it might die after a day, nobody knows when it will stop. so if you are not wanting to gamble $700 or so dollaras, dont even start, get a sub instead if you want it that bad.

Thanks

i don't want it, i have foxtel and pay per month for it.

i'm just interested in how it all works and why they can't stop it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bs_ink View Post
    to diy you could set up for about $250 with all hardware needed, but then you need the card which you cant program yourself no matter what anybody tells you "on the street". to get a working card expect to pay $400, you might be lucky and find cheaper but i wouldnt think much cheaper. there is no guarantee with the card, it might work for years, or it might die after a day, nobody knows when it will stop. so if you are not wanting to gamble $700 or so dollaras, dont even start, get a sub instead if you want it that bad.
    Exactally right and any one who parts with his cash in the thought that he can program a $80 blank is nothing but a fool
    dont say linux if i wanted it id install it

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vt2vx View Post
    From another forum is this sorta all they do

r

Whoever posted that information has no idea at all ( looks like a crash article ).

Thanks

Whoever posted that information has no idea at all ( looks like a crash article ).
    it was his own post from what i could gather

#1 Yesterday, 10:46 AM
    vt2vx
    Substantial Contributor to the Forum
    Current Ride: ls1 commy

free austar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is illegal. i was only interested in finding out how they do it and why nothing is done to stop it. i no tech and may have some info wrong.

Austar doesn't use the same security protocol as Fox. cards were available last year up to about september when austar started rolling the codes, the cards needed daily updates to keep working. then some days later a new auto updating card and file were available. now it doesn't matter if they roll the codes. Austar can't do anything except replace all the machines and card to the later security that fox uses. they probably won't because it cost too much. So looks like these can go for some time now.

trouble is austar boxes can be used anywhere so this will eat into foxtels market also.

they are currently being sold by pirates for $600-650 for the box and card ready to go. (mates knows one he is selling 50 per week)

but

you can buy the card 'whitey' from about $80 each in bulk, ebay about $150.

you can buy a strong STB for just over $100

you can buy a jaycar smartcard programmer for $50

you can download the file for it off the net.

interesting what one nights research turns up
    dont say linux if i wanted it id install it

Thanks

copied the wrong info was supposed to be from elsewhere.

your right i have no idea how this stuff works, i like to know how everything work. been trying to find out how it works just for interest. i pull every apart to to how it works

all i really know is ppl have access and they work and have done for over 2 months bit of info from here and there

seems to be a lot on here who could be doing it. so why is it allowed to be talked about

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

seems to be a lot on here who could be doing it. so why is it allowed to be talked about
    A lot of subjects are discussed on Austech and simply discussing a topic doesnt imply that you are engaging in it. We also discussed the 9/11 terrorist attacks however that doesnt make any of us terrorists. Maybe we should ban discussion on guns....in case someone shoots someone ?

For the record , your research isnt accurate at all.

You cannot make your own pirate Foxtel/Austar card. If you purchased a pirate card from a " seller " you would be looking at $400 -$800. This is the only way that you can get one. If you want to purchase a gamma card with operatinf system for $80 , the only viewing you will have will be looking at it on the kitchen table.

You cannot make your own , you can buy all the equipment you like and try using fictional files off the Internet , all you will end up doing is wasting a hell of a lot of money which a number of people have already done.

The only way to do it is to buy a pirate card off a seller. The public do not know how seller cards work and cannot replicate them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    A lot of subjects are discussed on Austech and simply discussing a topic doesnt imply that you are engaging in it. We also discussed the 9/11 terrorist attacks however that doesnt make any of us terrorists. Maybe we should ban discussion on guns....in case someone shoots someone ?

For the record , your research isnt accurate at all.

You cannot make your own pirate Foxtel/Austar card. If you purchased a pirate card from a " seller " you would be looking at $400 -$800. This is the only way that you can get one. If you want to purchase a gamma card with operatinf system for $80 , the only viewing you will have will be looking at it on the kitchen table.

You cannot make your own , you can buy all the equipment you like and try using fictional files off the Internet , all you will end up doing is wasting a hell of a lot of money which a number of people have already done.

The only way to do it is to buy a pirate card off a seller. The public do not know how seller cards work and cannot replicate them.
    Seller as in the seller of the card/box here to someone, or the company/person overseas selling a card/s to a person here who is making up the card box combo's?

So currently they import premade pre programmed cards from o/seas europe. then the file they using to make it work is just putting the right settings on the strong box, or whatever box they use when selling a package to the end user ?

they are basically the same cards that pay tv companies buy themselves but white?

Thanks

I heard the cards are coming from China....my 2 cents worth.

Thanks

Nobody knows where they come from, what they actually are, what's programmed into them, how they work. etc.

All we know is you can buy them, and they work. The price varies a lot depending on supply, demand, and who you know.

Don't ask, don't tell. That's all there is to it.

Thanks

some one knows they import them.

europe i heard

Thanks

funny i heard thats where they are all going rofl btw i have a gamma card aka whitey here you can buy (vt2vx) for $250 if you like PM me then you can put it in your programmer and tell us all how it works

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bs_ink View Post
    funny i heard thats where they are all going rofl btw i have a gamma card aka whitey here you can buy (vt2vx) for $250 if you like PM me then you can put it in your programmer and tell us all how it works
    yeah you probably have one thats not preprogrammed, the latest one are already done. hence the higher cost

and i don't want one i just want to know how they work. but seem know one knows except the ones making them.

Thanks

yeah you probably have one thats not preprogrammed
    i have one thats programmed just fine fine thanks for asking.

Thanks

I am likely to get banned so I will read the rules again to make sure I abide by the site rules.
    Last edited by admin; 29-03-08 at 01:41 PM.

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast