Thread: No/intermittent alarm noise Bosch Solution 16Plus

Thanks

Default No/intermittent alarm noise Bosch Solution 16Plus

Hi all,
    Six months ago we bought a house that was installed with a Bosch Solution 16 Plus alarm system.

For the first 5 months it worked fine.
    We have remote controls for activating the alarm. About a month ago we noticed that the lock/unlock "chirp" from the external siren stopped working and both internal and external sirens are no longer working. Then it started again for a few days, then stopped. Yesterday it chirped for a lock, but not for the unlock later in the day. Obviously something is wrong, but given that it worked fine for six months and presumably several years before that for the previous owner, I don't think it is the main setup.
    I have tried to do some investigation using the control panel.

When I go to the System Trouble menu I get
    ------------
    Panel 001 P001
    Solution 16Plus V1.14.00
    Comms Fail Route1
    Temperatoure = 40
    Battery Low
    -----------

The monitoring is set up to call my mobile phone (i.e. not monitored by a security company) though because we don't have a landline phone, it is possible that the phone line isn't working properly (though I don't think so as ADSL works). I have set up for it to call my phone number, but then when I do the Comms test it seems to hang - sits there for 2-3 minutes saying "Comms testing in progress. Please wait." I'm expecting it to call my phone. Is that correct?

I have just tested the battery (Menu 7>9>2) and it said 12.9 volts, battery OK, and the siren is chirping, and right now both internal and external sirens are working.

My guess is that the problem is the Battery Low, which is presumably just on the threshold - although given that the system is mains-powered, I'm confused about why a low battery would have any effect.

Anyway, long story - short: I called the installers (we live in Melbourne) the other day and they told me that there is a minimum callout fee of $250 which seems more than a bit steep to me - we have the alarm to avoid being robbed, not facilitate it.
    Can anyone please advise what I can do to fix the intermittent alarm/chirp, and also ideally fix the Low Battery and comms problems.

Many thanks,
    B.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

You will find the 16-Plus by default is programmed to inhibit the internal and external sirens if the battery fails the built-in regular battery test. Replace the battery with a similar 12V, 7Ah battery and that should fix the problems with the lack of sound.

Regarding the dialler issue, you first need to confirm that you have dial tone at the panel and can call out before you can sort out any comms fail problems.

Banned
    Thanks

Check you got adsl filter on the alarm panel to filter adsl from dial tone....