Thread: Networking Yosemite with Snow Leopard on mimi macs

Thanks

Default Networking Yosemite with Snow Leopard on mimi macs

Hi, I joined this forum in the hope someone could help me to work out how to connect my mimi mac, with the Yosemite operating system, with my husbands mimi mac, that still has the Snow Leopard operating system on it, he doesn't want to change his operating system, he likes Snow Leopard. His mimi mac on SL, can see my computer just fine.

I use to run Snow Leopard, but upgraded so I could use a few program that wouldn't run under Snow Leopard. Before the upgrade, the computers connected fine, but since then, neither of us, with all our many years of amateur computer knowledge, can not get my computer connected to his SL mimi mac, or the macbook on SL either, & we have searched the net for months now, & nothing has worked.

We just got the new router as we connected to NBN, but it has made no difference.
    We have a TP-link tl-wr-1043ND, connected via ethernet.

All we have found out is, that Apple has changed some programming, to do with networking, in Yosemite & Maverick, but the solutions have not been clear enough for us.

If anyone can give me a clear & easy to follow, & mayby with some pics, to help fix it, I would be very grateful

I have a screen shot of the info, every time I try to connect to my husbands computer. We have check all this soooooooo many times, with no results, & nothing had changed in the settings or network, from when I upgraded, anyway.
    The pic is of the window that pops up when I try to connect to my husbands computer, using finder.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Member freakee has responded to your thread in the Introduce Yourself section of the forum, where you first asked for help, so read his post.

Ask any additional questions you might have in the current (Networking) section of the forum (Not in the Introduce Yourself area).

Basically, both computers, including your router, need to be connected to the same subnet (Apple Menu>System Preferences>Network).

The easiest way to do this is to select DHCP rather than manual setup (Personally, I prefer to allocate all IP addresses manually for security reasons).

Also, sharing must be enabled (Apple Menu>System Preferences>Sharing>File Sharing ... etc).

You will also be asked for password authentication.....but you should know this already.

The page at might help you further.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Any progress with this problem?

An update will be appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 50sdragonlady View Post
    Thanks frakee1, I have mover the question & added some more info. I looked at the site but it was no help. If you have any other ideas, I would love to hear them.
    She has - replied in the new members intro bit.............
    it's really hard to work out which bit is failing her without looking at it - is it the mini mac? - has it spat the network? , is it your router? is there a crazy setting somewhere?

Is there a person that you might know that can check out your issue Dragonlady?

cheers

f
    有段者

Thanks

Sorry I haven't updated, been busy, & it's not to any progress. I'll have to just keep an eye one here to see if they is anything I can try, that I haven't already tried.