Thread: PACOM PDR16-PC iPhone app

Thanks

Default PACOM PDR16-PC iPhone app

Hi guys I'm using a Pacom cctv unit and not very happy with performance of the native iPhone app, both ipdr mobile and ras plus perform slow, anybody know of any other iPhone apps that support Pacom PDR? I've struggled to find one.'
    Cheers

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Ipcamviewer should work. It's good on Android, not sure about iPhone. Btw both those apps you mention are fine on Android, not sure if it's some other issue.
    Last edited by realistix; 20-02-16 at 05:14 PM.

Thanks

I've noticed it with other CCTV systems too, including ours(Q-See). Either the Android or the iOS (in our case it's the iOS version, which I feel is far better than the android version, especially for viewing). Some of this is supposition, but I think it's the differences in the sizes and ratios of the screens doing it. It's only relatively recent that most CCTV systems could even be viewed on both, and most are rebadged and possibly slightly reworked versions of already existing CCTV viewing applications. The Pacom app will also likely be a rebadged (as is everyone else's, as this makes a good degree of business sense to have another company write your app for you rather than putting on a team just to write an app, and update it periodically) and from the very quick glance I had at it, I'm pretty sure it was based on the OS Boost Project (but don't quote me, as i could be way wrong on that). Often these programming teams are far stronger on one rather than on both, depending on the background of the app developers and which particular type of mobile apps they've been catering for etc etc.
    Last edited by Clay Turner; 25-02-16 at 05:48 PM.

Thanks

Don't know that you'll find anything else compatible. If you do manage to, it'll be something from Idis who manufactured the PDR-16PC for Pacom as OEM.