Thread: Dropbox Upgrades

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default Dropbox Upgrades

To follow on from my , I rated Dropbox as number 1.

Dropbox is also the most expensive. But fortunately, there are ways around this.

A standard personal account only gives you 2 gig. But with all the referral bonuses, you can get it up to 18-20 gig. But that takes time and its pretty annoying, so you can pay people to do it for you.

But if thats not enough, there are people that can get you 1 - 5 TB allowances on Dropbox Pro.

If you want to use Dropbox and need more space, go to and do a search for Dropbox. You should find at least a dozen people offering services for $5USD, which is currently around $7AUD.

I already have a personal account and now also have a Dropbox Pro business account with a 5TB limit. I have a heap of music videos that I have downloaded over the years and was pondering how best to play them. Suddenly, an idea. The Roku has a Dropbox app so you can view photos, videos and documents. So I spent $7 for a brand new 5TB Dropbox pro account and uploaded all the music videos (sorted in their folders). I can now select the Dropbox app on the Roku, select a folder and press play.

Even better, when I download new ones I select the Dropbox folder on my PC as the default location. They then auto upload in to the account. Cant wait for the NBN and a faster upload speed, it will take cloud storage to a new level.

Or you could do something constructive I have used the services of people on Fiverr for Dropbox for a few years and had no problems.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

eaglem (02-02-16),mkhannah (01-02-16),tristen (06-02-16)

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I have been getting a bit more inventive. No random play is a bit annoying, but I have found a solution.

I purchased a Roku app called "Roksbox".

Its basically an app that allows you to play your videos, music and photos from a variety of sources including cloud storage. And even better, you can play videos on random play.

Too easy