Thread: intelsat 19 can't receive some channels

Thanks

Default intelsat 19 can't receive some channels

I have a cband dish and 2 sonystar receivers. About 2 weeks ago bbc dropped out and I no longer get it. I get the other channels I used to get fine. Is bbc still working?

2nd question. EmTv is on this satellite. I know you need it's own receiver to unscramble it, but I thought I would try to see if I could get a quality signal first before I bought the box. I inputted the frequencies but the quality never came up. Is it because I need to reallign the satellite or my lnb isn't compatible or something else? The other channels I'm getting 80+ quality.

Located in Wewak PNG.

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

Q1: BBC World News is now encrypted - see Apsattv's comment #16 on this thread:

Q2: EMTV is DVB-S2 - you do not supply the model number of your Sat receivers......are they capable of decoding DVB-S2?

If not, you will not see the EMTV signal on them.

For info, EMTV putting a strong (encrypted) signal into Northeast Victoria in Australia.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

tristen (07-02-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Disappointing BBC news being encrypted now
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

"Q2: EMTV is DVB-S2 - you do not supply the model number of your Sat receivers......are they capable of decoding DVB-S2?
    If not, you will not see the EMTV signal on them."

They aren't capable of decoding. I can buy the right box, but I wanted to know I could get the signal first.

However, The signal quality for EMTV is virtually non-existant even though the signal quality for some of the other channels are high. If I buy the proper EMTV decoder, will it receive EMTV fine?

In other words, is the quality of the signal bad because the box can't decode it or because of other reasons?

Thanks

If your receiver is not DVB-S2 (HD) capable it will not pick up EMTV hence the bad signal.

Thanks

When the signal is encrypted like with bbc, do I have to buy some kind of subscription to be able to receive it or if I buy a receiver that is capable of decoding it that will be enough?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raitpngman View Post
    When the signal is encrypted like with bbc, do I have to buy some kind of subscription to be able to receive it or if I buy a receiver that is capable of decoding it that will be enough?
    Encryption usually requires both a subscription and some vendor-supplied hardware.

Some hardware is card-only, for use with a compatible decoder which the user supplies, but many require you to purchase a decoder and (married) card from their service.

Some services are also restricted to certain areas, regardless if you can receive signal or not, so it's best to enquire directly with the service provider.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I gather our VAST service covers parts of PNG but because it is intended to be seen only by those in Australia, officially you cant get one activated for your area.
    The same would apply to FOXTEL if they dont have permission to allow their programs to be seen there.
    From memory many years ago, Canada enacted Laws not only to stop people renting decoders for US TV channels using address's in the USA but also restricted the sale and installation of Satellite dish's except in approved areas.
    Other than doing as advised by MTV, your other option is to ask your neighbours who have similar dish's what they are receiving.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Hi
    I am in Wewak.
    I currently receive FTA channels including EMTV on C-band, 1.8M Dish and Strong Sat FTA Receiver DVBS2/MPeg4.
    You can get (1) PNGTV, EMTV NBCTV Arirang, Catholic TV channel, YTK chinese, NHK
    Rest are now encrypted $$
    Hope this helps

PS. all on Intelsat19 166E
    Last edited by Wali; 14-08-18 at 07:06 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Thread is 2 and a half years old.

Closed

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Wali (14-08-18)