Thread: Backpackers in hospital after alleged attack

Thanks
    Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,531 Posts

Default Backpackers in hospital after alleged attack

Bloody hell how lucky were these 2, they would have definitely been killed, Ivan milat/Wolf creek, wonder how many others this character has attacked.And the lawyer considered a bail application WTF!
    Two young foreign backpackers continue to recover in hospital after an alleged sex attack at a national park, southeast of Adelaide.
    A 59-year-old man has been charged with a string of offences including unlawful sexual intercourse and attempted murder.
    It is alleged the incident occurred at a campsite at Salt Creek on the SA Coorong on Tuesday and left the women with serious injuries.
    The southern suburbs man appeared in court on Wednesday and will remain in custody until at least April 18 when he is due to face a second hearing.
    The women had only met the man on Tuesday and had set up camp with plans to spend the night at the beach, police said.
    They later found themselves in a 'dire' situation.
    'One of the victims was able to run away and came across some people who were fishing in the area and they were able to comfort and secure her and make phone calls to police,' Superintendent James Blandford told reporters.
    One of those men was fisherman Abdul-Karim Mohammed, who said the scene was confronting with the woman screaming, crying and yelling.
    'She had some scratches and that on the legs. Looked like she'd been pulled around, dragged around and that,' he told Seven News.
    In the Adelaide Magistrates Court the charged man was dressed in a white hospital gown and made no comment during the video link appearance from Murray Bridge.
    His lawyer considered a bail application but withdrew it after the magistrate said he would need considerable convincing based on the seriousness of the charges.
    - See more at:

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rick For This Useful Post:

eaglem (11-02-16),enf (11-02-16),Godzilla (11-02-16)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Yep, very scary indeed.
    Another boost for Tourism Australia.

Plenty of very remote spots in S.A. where there is no help for miles.
    The Coorong isn't even that remote, but remote enough for this prick.

In my 20's, we used to go surf "Cactus" on the bite, just south of Penong.
    The area had some rather heavy locals (which weren't even locals)
    But, there was a more hidden surf break through some farmers property, 30ks away called "Sproggies"
    If you turned up there and a local was there, you could expect rocks through every window of your car and worse and the nearest help was 100k's away
    No mobile Phone reception
    (which may have been the reason this guy chose this spot on the Coorong too)

With the amount of Euro Backpackers, and the use of Free Camping sites provided from Internet Sites, it pretty easy for these types to meet up with there victims.
    Im actually surprised it doesn't happen more often.

The fact that these girls escaped and managed to find safety, from a person that by now, doesn't want them to speak to anyone..... is amazing!
    Yes, very "Wolf Creek".
    Last edited by ol' boy; 11-02-16 at 09:33 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

enf (11-02-16),Rick (11-02-16),VroomVroom (11-02-16)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Yep, very scary indeed.
    The fact that these girls escaped and managed to find safety, from a person that by now, doesn't want them to speak to anyone..... is amazing!
    Yes, very "Wolf Creek".
    Like the Grandaddy Horrow Movie of them all, JAWS, the locals while not happy about it but were prepared to loose a swimmer or three so long as it didnt disrupt the Tourist Trade.
    Remember where your priorities are !!!
    But too, the Media dont help when they no doubt descended on all and sundry and asked the same inane questions with no other reason than to exaggerate the story out of this world, in that way I dont blame the locals not talking to the Media.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Sounds like the blokes who helped them were brave enough to confront this bloke without really knowing of what he is capable. Too many people these days would be of the "bugga you jack, I'm ok".
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

enf (12-02-16),Rick (11-02-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,531 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Sounds like the blokes who helped them were brave enough to confront this bloke without really knowing of what he is capable.
    I agree 100% they are to be commended for taking such a huge risk, for all they knew that bloke could have had a fire arm and killed them, in a way all involved were very lucky, and the best outcome is the maggot was arrested

Banned

Thanks

Another prospect for the noose, scum like this need to be put down. Very lucky ladies to have someone who did something come along.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spook For This Useful Post:

enf (12-02-16),Rick (12-02-16)

Thanks

this was in the local paper yesterday:

THE man accused of a harrowing attack on two female backpackers on a remote Coorong beach has several online profiles, including a dating site on which he says he is looking for a future wife.
    The southern suburbs man, aged in his 50s, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, states on the dating site that he is "respectful to women" and that he can "get along with everyone, well almost".
    He also states he is on the site to look for a future wife and to meet girls aged 22 to 56 for dating, friendship and serious relationships.
    His social media accounts, including Facebook, feature several photos of camping, beaches, fishing, boating and family life.

In the extensive description on his dating site profile, he also says he wants to find a kind, loving and thoughtful woman ready for marriage and to start a new life with.
    He says it would be desirable if the woman can cook Chinese food, love kids, be well presented, slender, athletic, respectful and honest.
    The man also states his desire for the woman to be able to share in his love of the outdoors, walks on the beach, watching the sun set, dining out or a quiet night at home watching a movie on the couch.

He lists his hobbies as fishing, camping, boating, hiking, travelling, swimming and snorkelling. (for some reason kidnapping was left out)
    He also says he is down to earth, kind, thoughtful, not a racist and not a gambler Other online profiles show the man is eager to learn languages and to travel.
    He has been charged with attempted murder, unlawful sexual intercourse without consent, unlawful detention and aggravated causing serious harm.

The man cannot be identified under state law because he is charged with a sexual offence.

The statutory suppression on his identity will cease when he pleads to the charge and the case leaves the Magistrates Court and moves to a higher jurisdiction.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I think in NSW, a person cant or isnt identified until after they are charged with any sort of offense but once thats done, unless a suppression order is made, their name may be made public.
    Prior to that 'they are assisting Police with their Inquiries'.

The only thing he seems to have missed out on in his profile was how big a shovel he used to spread the bullshit.

On rereading, I dont think either my Wife or I would reach 25% of the things he has listed and we've been together almost 46 years !!!
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!