Thread: Double Dissolution Election

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,109 Times in 9,100 Posts

Default Double Dissolution Election

I don't really care one way or the other about this because we were getting closer to 3 months of pointless and juvenile lying and finger pointing anyway....and we have two insipid and dumb candidates for PM, backed by dumb disloyal supporters who both stabbed actually elected leaders in the back..............sigh! I'm now depressed for my kids.

A beer early today I think....

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (22-03-16)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Irrespective of if the Budget is passed or not, I think Turnball will call for an early election now they have altered how the voting works for the Senate and he's hoping that a new election will see the Coalition get the 'numbers' they need to control the Senate which has been a crippling thorn in their sides by blocking their legislation.

While I still think the current LNP Coalition will be re-elected albeit with some Seat Losses, even with the recent changes to the Voting for Senators, who knows what we will end up with.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

well it will be interesting how and if relating to the senate
    depending on the outcome from the court case that will be lodged

dont say linux if i wanted it id install it

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,522 Posts

Do not underestimate Turnbull. He is not dumb. He wouldn't have gained so much wealth if he were.
    Let me call him a quiet achiever for now and he has played his cards out well. He has finally done a decision.
    He has also got the timing right, the senate issue organised(not many are supporting that court appeal) and the next step will be a sugar candy carrot dangling budget(ooo...did I hear the mining boom is coming back,LOL) that will give most voters the security that all will end well...
    IT WILL NOT !

The other party is not really much of an option. Lacking solutions (other than a little bit more taxation of the rich) and a leader that almost
    nobody likes. A leader has to sell their party, speak well and stick out, have some sort of charisma, Shorten is lacking all of that.
    I can not see them having any chance in changing much in 10 weeks.

So anybody who earns less than 30K is doomed because the only the way the Libs are going to 'FIX' the budget is cutting welfare, health care and gutting the poor
    while the rort to fund the rich in the back ground will continue and they will now have a senate that will fully back them.
    The first budget in the new LNP term will be Hockey^2 but sold to us this time with careful and convincing words.
    While the upper ten thousand will be protected, Poverty will grow exponentially and this is extremely counterproductive for the economy just like high housing prices are(which make the figures look good but have nothing to do with productivity).
    The establishment doesn't give a damn and the schmucks will just keep voting for them.

... until a maniac comes around and creates a revolution.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 21-03-16 at 06:08 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

A choice between Shorten selling Turnballs old policies V Turnball selling Abbotts old policies

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dishtrackted For This Useful Post:

eaglem (22-03-16),enf (22-03-16)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,109 Times in 9,100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dishtrackted View Post
    A choice between Shorten selling Turnballs old policies V Turnball selling Abbotts old policies
    Yeah, pretty much....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member

Thanks

No one will know if it was the 'Right thing to do' in calling an election at anytime until the last Vote is countered.
    Turnball has no doubt read the Polls, the Stars and taken a deep breath because its all a game of Put and Take.

One thing he needs to do is muzzle Abbott and that Abbot supports him instead of the comments he made this morning alluding that Turnbull is 'riding on the coat tails of the Abbott Governments achievements' to ensure his Election.

I dont think I am too far off side when I say that except for both Abbott and Turnbull's determination to see Labor not win, the blood would be flowing in the Halls of Power.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Its not just Abbott Turnball is at odds with he has the rest of the loony Christian right that have dominated the Libs since Howard.
    Where the Liberals find all these Christians with no empathy for poor people but tonnes of empathy for rich people and corporations is truly amazing.
    There must be some crazy right wing nut job factory that churns them out
    These people are on a mission from god to defend rich people from taxes .

Premium Member

Thanks

Religion has no part in the lack of empathy between 'Rich' and 'Poor' as you will find it applies equally to Hindu's, Jews and every other non Christian religion you can think of and not one of them lacks an aversion to paying Tax's unless their forced to do so.
    Oddly enough even the Poor seem to have an equal aversion to paying Tax's too.
    Every Political Party has a 'Centre' that wobbles like a drunken Sailor which only stabilises when it comes in contact with another Party who hold an opposite view and from there, Left and Right 'wings' are formed within each Party due to the diversity of each of its members.
    Each Member within a Party agree on the basic Idea that formed the Party but its the Detail of how it should be applied brings the Devil to the table.

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

enf (23-03-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 637 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post

... until a maniac comes around and creates a revolution.

seems to be what's happening in the US at the moment