Thread: Surface mount PTZ solution

Thanks

Default Surface mount PTZ solution

Just a quick question for some of the fellow techs out there. Looking for 2 x surface mount analogue PTZ units similar to the Bosch autodome.

Have to be analogue and surface mount as the options to use recessed/wall mounted are not avaliable.

Has anyone got a few floating around in storage? or any recommendations as to who would supply them?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Any particular reason you need analogue?

Thanks

I reckon the customer has a analogue system and does not want to upgrade?

Thanks

+1

Thanks

Hi Clay, it's a small commercial site with a few PTZ's, Unfortunately due to it being an insurance job the insurance company are not too keen to pay out on an upgrade, I would like to go digital and even looked at the Hikvision TVI gear hoping to use the CVBS output (allowing for a possible upgrade down the track to all TVI) but no such luck as apparently the PTZ only has a TVI output according to the specs.

I have tried to battle the insurance company over the issue as this has been a painful process, but I'm not going to start as that is
    A totally different story.

Thanks

Reading between the lines here it would seem the insurance company is happy to replace the cameras but not the DVR.
    I would speak with the customer about paying to upgrade the DVR to get the benefit of HD CCTV.
    Not sure if Hikvision TVI recorders will accept analogue, TVI or IP signals.
    I know the new Dahua NVRs will accept analogue, CVI or IP.
    TVI and CVI are basically the same thing HD video over coaxial. TVI = Hikvision protocol, CVI = Dahua protocol

Thanks

Reason I asked is most (all) TVI/AHD etc systems out there, will support analogue cameras etc. It may actually work out FAR cheaper to give them an AHD DVR with two AHD PTZs, then to try find two analogue PTZs which you'll likely wind up paying a premium price for, as they'll likely have to be specially ordered in from o/s, so by the time all the shipping costs, etc are added on top .....

Thanks

All sorted thanks guys, as I thought the TVI PTZ's do have an analogue output as well, and I can use a pendant mount style bracket with no pole to avoid hanging down too far.

Hi Kiwitech, the Hikvision TVI recorders will do TVI and Analogue... We did a site recently where we are changing over an existing analogue over coax to TVI, and just upgrading the cameras over a period of time.