Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump

Premium Member
    Thanks

Creating a spinoff of Republican to Trump/Patriot/whatever party would only be splitting the existing supporters so the likely only option for success would be a coalition of those parties and they still need to win over 50%+ of the electorate. If the Biden presidency manages to make proposed changes to the electoral college the Republican party cannot afford to have a split as they haven't managed to win the popular vote in the last 2 elections.

They need to rid themselves of Trump and trumpism in order to win over the populace.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

And true to form, he didn't attend Biden's inauguration, and slunk off like the spoilt little sook he is.. You yanks are well to be rid of him.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

A lot of ppl will suffer withdrawal symptoms not seeing Trump everyday in the news anymore.

I will not.
    More interesting to see how Biden tackles all the problems Trump left behind and so far looks very promising. Great strategies to tackle the virus and vaccination distribution issue using the Defence Production Act but most important everybody can now work together with nobody from the top impeding them.
    Maybe 100 million in a 100 days is a bit ambitious but there won't be vaccines expiring on the shelves as they were under Trump's operation 'warp speed'.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

mtv (23-01-21),RogerTheDoger (23-01-21),tristen (22-01-21)

Thanks

I'll certainly enjoy watching the news without the details of the truculent self indulgent behaviour of the man on display.

In fact the only things I'll enjoy hearing about him now will include some or all of the following:-
    1) his conviction and hopefully jailing.
    2) his bankruptcy.
    3) his divorce.
    4) his suicide. (I don't say this lightly, in fact it is something I normally would not wish on anyone, but in his case I'll make an exception)

I believe all of the above are possible.

• The Following User Says Thank You to RogerTheDoger For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (23-01-21)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Under the bus, Trump goes.

Attorneys representing people arrested in connection to the Capitol riot are taking aim at former President Donald Trump.
    They're laying the blame at his feet for inciting the deadly siege by spreading disinformation about the election.
    Have to wonder if he'll try to use his usual excuse when called out for his words and actions... was only joking?

Jeffrey Cramer, a former federal prosecutor who spent 12 years at the Justice Department, didn't mince words when addressing the allegation.

"This goes directly to Trump's impeachment trial" and any potential criminal case against him, Cramer said. "His words and actions for months directly led to an armed and deadly insurrection at the Capitol. He can't argue that nobody took him seriously or that his words didn't provoke violence."

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (23-01-21),RogerTheDoger (23-01-21),tristen (23-01-21),Uncle Fester (23-01-21)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Now that nobody in the Republican party needs to be scared of being fired if they don't support Trump, it will be interesting to see how many still support him in the trial.

Personally I think it would be better to delay this until more criminal investigations pop up against Trump, like money gained while being in office and false declarations to banks when his tax affairs are finally revealed.
    Then we can more clearly see that those Republicans are supporting a corrupt, anti democratic criminal and therefore just as corrupt and antidemocratic themselves, which I do not question already but that needs to be proven of course.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (24-01-21),mtv (23-01-21),RogerTheDoger (23-01-21),tristen (23-01-21)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Now that nobody in the Republican party needs to be scared of being fired if they don't support Trump, it will be interesting to see how many still support him in the trial.
    Given Trump is said to be considering starting his own (Patriot) party, in opposition to the GOP, it would be in the GOP's best interest to convict him and vote to prevent him from running for any office again.

Trump has only ever and will always only ever, care about himself. Nothing and nobody else matters to him.

Loyalty will always be one-way with him.

It's astonishing how so many still believe he cares about them.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (24-01-21),RogerTheDoger (23-01-21),tristen (23-01-21),Uncle Fester (23-01-21)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

[QUOTE

It's astonishing how so many still believe he cares about them.[/QUOTE]

yep, just read 63% (if the article can trusted) of Republicans, approx 1/3 of voters
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (24-01-21),RogerTheDoger (23-01-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 958 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised to see Trump set up his own media company (with his own internet servers) his own version of Twitter etc ... ?
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OSIRUS View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Trump set up his own media company (with his own internet servers) his own version of Twitter etc ... ?
    I think folks are going to tire of him pretty soon. His failure to man up and concede at the EC certification was bad enough. The Capitol insurgency was the end of his popularity and any career. Already folks are turning against him and even the Republican party.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    "Have Spectrum Analyzer, - Will travel".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    [QUOTE

It's astonishing how so many still believe he cares about them.
    yep, just read 63% (if the article can trusted) of Republicans, approx 1/3 of voters[/QUOTE]They are in for a surprise. It's all about the Donald. Always has been. He does not care about much else except himself and the almighty dollar. But the true believers will never give up hope. It's more a religion cult than politics.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    "Have Spectrum Analyzer, - Will travel".

• The Following User Says Thank You to RFI-EMI-GUY For This Useful Post:

tristen (24-01-21)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skepticist View Post
    Creating a spinoff of Republican to Trump/Patriot/whatever party would only be splitting the existing supporters so the likely only option for success would be a coalition of those parties and they still need to win over 50%+ of the electorate. If the Biden presidency manages to make proposed changes to the electoral college the Republican party cannot afford to have a split as they haven't managed to win the popular vote in the last 2 elections.

They need to rid themselves of Trump and trumpism in order to win over the populace.
    ABSOLUTELY!! And hopefully the creation of his party rips apart, and to shreds, the GOP. GOP is now governed and policy develops by lies and conspiracy theories.

CANNOT make changes to Electoral College, unless enough States agree to a Constitutional change. That will never happen, because southern states lose power ;-). It ALMOST happened in the 1960's. Lost by just 1 single GOP vote, whom was a southern state GOP member and sighted losing power as his reason.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
    I'll certainly enjoy watching the news without the details of the truculent self indulgent behaviour of the man on display.

In fact the only things I'll enjoy hearing about him now will include some or all of the following:-
    1) his conviction and hopefully jailing.
    2) his bankruptcy.
    3) his divorce.
    4) his suicide. (I don't say this lightly, in fact it is something I normally would not wish on anyone, but in his case I'll make an exception)

I believe all of the above are possible.
    Melania won't divorce him, she loses tooo much from Ttumpy and Fed Government. So long as she stays married to Ttump, Melania receives all former First Lady privleges and wages. Once she leaves, she is only entitled to around $20kUSD once off payment. See why Hilary didn't leave Bill?? ;-)

He will not be imprisoned. That just ain't gonna happen. He should though.

He won't suicide. That is failure in his eyes/mind.

Banned
    Thanks

Personally I think it would be better to delay this until more criminal investigations pop up against Trump, like money gained while being in office and false declarations to banks when his tax affairs are finally revealed.
    Then we can more clearly see that those Republicans are supporting a corrupt, anti democratic criminal and therefore just as corrupt and antidemocratic themselves, which I do not question already but that needs to be proven of course.
    Swamp has been in Washington for decades. Ttump just brought it to the open.

GOP members don't fear being scared, they're being threatened to be killed and/or their family members. Some are fearful they will not be selected for primaries and Ttump has already threatened those GOP who either spoke out against him or voted to impeach him, he will go all out assault on ensuring they lose their seats and/or turned against by his supporters.

That also means, they can't go out and do simple things such as shopping without a fear of assault or death. Fauci needs 24/7 two armed security detail now until the day he dies, because of Ttump and conspiracy theories. HOW SAD is that!!!

Welcome to US politics and the world of Ttump.

Banned
    Thanks

I think you are not considering that 10 Republicans have crossed over and 5 have abstained in this latest impeachment.
    I wouldn't say it is impossible for Trump to be found guilty this time.

It must be clear that the whole point of the exercise is to stop Trump from holding office again.

However it could be done much easier without impeachment using the 14th Amendment and just simple majority:

Yeah, you're correct. Don't need impeachment trial and conviction to expel Ttump from ever holding office again. Only needs a 51 vote majority. I still believe this is the better path to take than impeachment.

It's still great they impeached the boffin... for the second time, US politics has become too tribal for a conviction in US Senate. Sadly. Thankfully we are in a parliamentary system.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Au_radio View Post
    Being reported from a few news sources ,

Declassification of investigation documents ,

Finally the Russian Hoax will be exposed for what it was ..a hoax and distraction from the killery Clinton emails

There was massive concern Ttumpy was going to do a massive declassification dump or dumps before his Presidency ended. He didn't though.

ALL documents now need to be released relating to Russia collusion probe. These released docs were cherry picked releases.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hinekadon View Post
    wow federal officials have said that biden suffers from serious dementia and there "appears" to be some substance to trumps claims of fraudulent votes by digital means as yet unproven ????? more questions
    Your reference/s please, so we can all have a read/view.

Thanks.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Au_radio View Post
    Love it!! Great joke. THANKS for the link.

Sums up the entire Ttump administration achievements quite well:

404 / Page Not Found

We couldn’t find that page. .

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Yep, just saw the farewell speech by Trump, Interesting! We might see a split within the Republican party..
    The standard Republican party and the Trump Republican party. He has enough support.
    I HOPE SO :-)

Ttump Patriot Party will fire up.

Ttump will start-up a subscription based email newsletter --- And grift some more.

Ttump will target GOP members, except the Lindsey Grahams', Rand Paul, Nunes, Jordan.... Annnnd the list goes on. This will deeply divide an already civil warring GOP.

With around 75M votes to Ttump in 2020, he will move quite a lot away from GOP.

Oh well... It's been a great satire series to watch so far, lets see what season 2 has install :-)

Banned
    Thanks

Yep, it's all about uncle Don Don.

Did you know it was not uncle Don Don who incited the insurrection/riot at the Capitol?? ... According to grandpa Rudi Fooliani in an interview with Steve Bannon on AmericasVoice.News, grandpa Rudi stated "one of the people responsible for organising this, is well known for working with The Lincoln Project in the past...."

The Lincoln Project is an anti Ttump conservative organisation. They do some sensational, insightful and very impacting TV ad campaigns against politicians such as uncle Don Don Ttumnp.

• Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829 LastLast