Thread: NSW & QLD dish & decoder installers

Queensland - servicing rural Aust & Sth Pacific
    Thanks

Default NSW & QLD dish & decoder installers

Admin please delete if not allowed.

I need to find some subbies to do some decoder and dish installs in NSW & QLD at private homes for a new pay TV service. Probably about 3 installs per day. Anyone know any? Satellite to line up is D2 KU band service. If so please message me.
    Last edited by beerman; 24-03-16 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Checking rules
    "the one with the sugar coating is the one that would otherwise taste worst".

Look Here ->
  • 24-03-16, 05:15 PM

Reason
    OT

• 25-03-16, 01:04 AM

Reason
    OT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    Admin please delete if not allowed.

I need to find some subbies to do some decoder and dish installs in NSW & QLD at private homes for a new pay TV service. Probably about 3 installs per day. Anyone know any? Satellite to line up is D2 KU band service. If so please message me.
    Still waiting to read more details please do tell
    It's hard to make a come back when I havn't been anywhere
    I finally got my head together, now my bodies falling apart.
    為什麼不做你被塞滿

• 25-03-16, 12:34 PM

Reason
    OT

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

It's up to beerman if he wishes to make info public, as he does say to PM if interested.

The thread is not for speculating about programming or the type of service provider, only about installation of equipment.

• 25-03-16, 01:03 PM

Reason
    OT

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I have moved this in to sat general beerman and left a redirect. It is more likely to be seen in there.

Please dont reply guys unless its directly related, by all means, start a new thread if you are curious about what service beerman is talking about.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Then might be a good idea to close the thread and for those interested in Beermans request to PM him with details of any one interested as it may not be appropriate for them pass that information on in an open Forum.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Then might be a good idea to close the thread and for those interested in Beermans request to PM him with details of any one interested as it may not be appropriate for them pass that information on in an open Forum.
    I had considered that, but will leave it open in case beerman wishes to make any info public.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    If it wasnt appropriate for them to post the information, they would PM him, given that he stated "If so please message me" me in his original post.

Thanks

Thanks Admin.

Those who are interested, I cannot advise what the service is or further details until the client allows. I do however need to know where installers can cover in suburban QLD and NSW.

What I can say is it's a new foreign language pay TV service that will operate on D2 using Iredeto encryption. We don't know when it will start yet or even if anyone else is quoting this job. It is not affiliated with any other pay TV service. We would be supplying & installing for a private company (not Foxtel ).

In the first instance I need to find out who is interested in suburban NSW and QLD installs (one box and one 95cm dish). We will then quote according to where we can cover installations. We will quote based on a fair fee our contractors expect and hope we remain competitive. Obviously rates etc would be discussed and agreed privately.

It is expected that all installs will be suburban not regional or rural. So no accommodation or travel payments will be included in suburban installation. I would expect suburban contractors to include their fuel/expenses/rate in their quote to us. Once I know were you can cover I will contact you by PM with further details and contact number.

If you are interested can you advise via PM the area where you can comfortably cover on a daily basis and a paragraph or two regarding your experience and tools/resources.

Cheers,
    Last edited by beerman; 30-03-16 at 01:44 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I have moved this in to sat general beerman and left a redirect. It is more likely to be seen in there.

Please dont reply guys unless its directly related, by all means, start a new thread if you are curious about what service beerman is talking about.
    Perhaps this thread would be a good start?

Administrator
    Thanks

beerman,

Can you advise what the installer needs to supply/include in their quote?

Eg: Only labour, vehicle and tools... or do they have to provide equipment, such as the dish, cable, connectors, outlet plates, flyleads etc?

If equipment is supplied by you, where does the installer obtain it from? (this can be a big cost factor for an installer) time & travel to collect gear, etc.

Is there a typical contract period, or is it ongoing?

Also, you are saying only suburban, (NSW & QLD) not regional or rural, so does that mean only Sydney and Brisbane suburbs?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    beerman,

Can you advise what the installer needs to supply/include in their quote?

Eg: Only labour, vehicle and tools... or do they have to provide equipment, such as the dish, cable, connectors, outlet plates, flyleads etc?

If equipment is supplied by you, where does the installer obtain it from? (this can be a big cost factor for an installer) time & travel to collect gear, etc.

Is there a typical contract period, or is it ongoing?

Also, you are saying only suburban, (NSW & QLD) not regional or rural, so does that mean only Sydney and Brisbane suburbs?

mtv,

Firstly my apologies for the late reply as I have been on jobs in WA for past two weeks.

Please keep in mind that we are pitching for this job in NSW and QLD while other state will happen later. We don't know how many other companies are pitching or when they will decide on the winner.

In response to your questions and to inform all other interested parties please see below.

Initially the client has said they would expect a minimum of 15 installs a week (but this could be all over Sydney and same in Brisbane/Gold Coast) and this will ramp up as more subscribers come on. Potentially new subscribers could be signing up for years meaning long term work. SO you can see we will need installers located in North/South/East/West regions.

We would be supplying all installers with dish, decoder, RG6, wall plates and connectors. We would send these to the installer and resupply as required.

We need all installers to have their own camera, tools, meter, ladder and insurance as well as know their way around their allocated region.

All installers would be required to submit photos of each install including dish and decoder in operating mode with a fortnightly invoice.

I will reply to everyone who PM's me with more specific details and fees payable in various installation scenarios. I will update those that are interested when we learn how our pitch is progressing with the client.

I still have plenty of questions for the client myself.

Cheers.

Administrator
    Thanks

Thanks for the update.

Hope it all comes together for you.

Thanks

This foreign language Pay TV service is progressing. Over the past couple of weeks we have been trying to 'fine tune' our quote so that it is neither too high or too low (that's the tricky part as you'd know). While we would like to pay the highest fee to contractors as possible we also need to be competitive in order to get the long term contract.

So we need to massage the install price (could be up or could be down).

I would welcome and messages from installers in outer and inner western Sydney and South Brisbane and Ipswich regions who can offer their installation only price for a single story and two story install. We supply dish, LNB, mount & decoder and you supply RG6, fixings, silicon etc. You price has to include travel up to 50klms per day.

Your quote will only be used to ensure we are in the right ball park. We expect this job to be on-going as the client sells new subscriptions. We are expecting 3 installs a bay in the above mentioned regions for a start (TBA).

I look forward to your input.

Cheers.

• 27-04-16, 02:27 AM

Reason
    OT

• 27-04-16, 11:07 AM

Reason
    OT

Thanks

Installers in Brisbane, Sydney, Gold Coast and Melbourne. Please PM me ONLY if you are interested in doing dish and decoder installs and have the tools, vehicle and time to commence these installs from Late May early June.

Administrator
    Thanks

Did anything eventuate with this?