Thread: Adding WiFi Cams to a Surveillance system query

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default Adding WiFi Cams to a Surveillance system query

OK, Son has bought a 2 WiFi Camera with a 7 inch monitor Surveillance system from one of his mates who went broke and because it can handle 4 Cameras, I want to buy another two.
    As I know nothing much about Wifi and totally nothing about this, is there anything I need to be wary of when buying the additional cameras please ?
    I had a look at Ebay and spotted one that looks not unlike what we have but we have no specifications of the ones he has other than it has 24 IR lights (we counted them).
    I had a look through the various brands available and they all seem to be very similar to me, the only variation seems to be the price.

All I can tell you of this one he has is the brand name of 'DIGITAL' , no model or style, not even the Country of Manufacture on either the box or the User Guide.
    The instruction sheet is in very good english but I dont know what I am reading so thats no help.
    He tried it out by taking the Camera inside our 30 X 30 Galvanised Tin shed/garage which is about 30 metres from the house and the picture on the monitor inside the house was excellent which surprised me.
    What I did think of doing would be to get a suitable cable from the Camera and putting the antenna outside the shed later if needed.

All ideas and suggestions will as usual be most appreciated.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 26-03-16 at 04:37 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Thread has been moved .