Thread: Wince 5 GPS password lock out.

Banned
    Thanks

Default Wince 5 GPS password lock out.

Recently I was playing around with an unbranded winCE 5 GPS device. I bypassed the original interface and boot into winCE environment. I set it to ask for a password, on each boot. So far so well, but on the next boot, there was no virtual keyboard on screen, in order to enter the password. So, the device has locked me out.I tryed several key combinations trying to hard reset the device but no luck...
    Note that the USB/ActiveSync function is disabled.
    So, should I forget about it, or is there any way around ?
    Is there a way to pull up the virtual keyboard so I can enter the password?I tried flashing the firmware but it doesn't overwrite the Os and menu.It just said's reading firmware,writing firmware.I tried connecting it to a Windows 7 pc but it said unknown device detected or malfunctioning device.I am unable to install drivers.Can someone please help me I would really appreciate it. Thank you

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Hmmm this is what mine is doing. I wonder if he fixed his issue? Wonder why he got banned. He must have been really naughty

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

This shortcoming of Win CE has caught lots of people out and obviously is still doing it. Because windows CE is a cut down version of the original mobile operating system it does not provide access to a keyboard on boot up so the only way to resolve this issue that I know of is to reflash the firmware on the device if you can source a copy. Otherwise, unfortunately you have just made yourself a great paperweight. So to all those reading this thread NEVER set it to ask for a password on boot in Windows CE. Why MS kept this part of the interface intact is a mystery as it should in my opinion have been removed so as to make it impossible to set a boot password.

Cheers, Ian

Cheers, Ian
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic!