Thread: D-Link Dual Band Adapter

Thanks

Default D-Link Dual Band Adapter

Hi I've been looking around and could not find a solution to my problem.

I just bought a D-Link Wifi Dual Band USB Adapter because my current inbuilt wifi in my computer is not compatible with 5ghz.

Reason why I got the adapter is becuase there is too much inteference on the 2.5ghz signals in my area. My phone is 5g compatible and 5g speeds on my phone are always faster.

Anyway I have connected the usb adapter to my PC and it is running at about 25Mbps download at 5g. The weird thing is, my phone is in the same room as the pc and connected to the same network but it is running at 95 Mbps.

My router is dual band as I am currently using the 5g connection on my phone and the speeds are always at 95mbps. On the 2g network i get around 75 mbps on my phone.

But the pc, in the same room as my phone, using the adapter is getting much lower dl speeds so pc gets around 25mbps at 5g and 10 mbps on the 2g network on the adapter. When i switch back to the inbuilt wifi in the pc (2g only) i start getting speeds of 40 mbps.

I have Windows 10 installed and downloaded the latest dlink driver for the adapter.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO HOW TO FIX OR IS THIS JUST NORMAL AND THE USB ADAPTERS ARE JUST NO GOOD?
    Last edited by rxl; 12-06-16 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Error

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Some info on the adapter? /b/g/n...