Thread: Disc Error

Thanks

Smile Disc Error

Hey everyone, I kinda have a problem and stumbled upon this forum, and you guys seem preety knowledgable so I decided to ask

Well.. okay, so I got GTAIV a few months back, and my friend helped me back it up (i kept the iso in my comp) and played through the game.. left it for like.. a month and a half, and decided to play around again ( run over people is fun :P) the game loads and everything but when I start to do anything, aka: 3-5 minutes in the game, a dirty disc error comes up.
    None of my other games do this, only this one, so I decided it must be a disc fault. So I burnt another copy from my comp (using IMGBURN at 2.4X) and it should have worked.. but same thing happened..

So i'm dreading this.. could it be a laser fault of the 360? or something else? cause all my other games work, and plus I burnt at least 2 extra discs and the same result, disc error. I even tried different load points and tried to start again as well.

So yeah..

Look Here ->
    Thanks

This is a known problem with DVD+R DL copies of GTA IV. Benq drives being the worst. There is nothing wrong with your dvd drive as you said GTA IV is the only game that will not work properly.

Its because the game is highly compressed and they packed everything onto one dvd. It decompresses everything on the fly.

When they could have avoided all these problems and just made it a dual disc game

Thanks

Cool thanks for the help Greg! *phew* i was scared id had to repair my laser or something.. so theres no way to make it better?

BTW if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.. i found some info.. it might help:

"Also anyone that gets the "unplayable disc" message on your XBOX 360 dashboard, try ejecting the disc, and re-positioning it in the tray a couple of times. It also help to put the disc in, turn of your console, then turn it back on with the backup in there."

Thanks

When the new 360 dashboard comes out you can load game content to the HDD. That may help you out. Well if it can read the content from the disc to load