Thread: Replacing Decoder with PC card.

Thanks

Question Replacing Decoder with PC card.

Basic was looking rto replace an old Humax with a new DVB-S2 decoder.

Was thinking of getting a PC card either PCIe or PCI. Instead of decoder box for tv.

Also wanting to replace my old PC internal tv tuner card as well.

Wondering what my options are and how much roughly I would need to look at paying just for the watching FTA channel?

Either a DVB-S2 (satellite) and DVB-T (FTA) combo card if they exist. Or would it be cheaper to just just get sepate satellite decoder and TV tuner card?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Greg,

I have a number of receivers that work very well, including a TeVii S470 PCIe PC receiver card that I got from:

I have a Strong SRT4922B+, SRT4653X, SRT4930 and XCruiser XDSR385HD Avant, that I got from Leroy Patrol on this forum.

If you are looking for a very good DVB-S2 MPEG4 compliant receiver, the Strong 4922B+, 4930 and the XDSR385HD Avant work very well and have a good range of useful features, Leroy Patrol has the XDSR385HD and another box that is a combo DVB-S2 and DVB-T receiver in one box, Leroy would be the one to talk to about the XCruiser boxes.

Most good DVB-S2 receivers are likely going to set you back around 200 numbers.

• The Following User Says Thank You to VK4TIM For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (30-04-16)