Thread: Xfiles - I want to belive

Thanks

Default Xfiles - I want to belive

OK,

the latest offering from Chris Carter.

I'll be honest I was disappointed with it. Please note that the version i watched was a cam version so quality was poor but I am not sure that would have made much of a difference to the content.

I was/am a fan of the TV series and subsequent movie(s) I think there was 1 or 2 previously most notably 'fight the future" compared to that this is a let down.

If your a fan then worth a watch, as it liking seeing old friends again. Gillian Andersen is still remarkably beautiful (she has her critics too) and to see her with a full head of long flowing hair a bit of school boy crush all over again. for fans of hers she did a UK produced movie last year, the name escapes me (I will look it up), but it was a totally different role for her and one which she finally does the "expose your boobs" routine, that all actresses seem to have to end up doing, hey I'm not complaining!

anyway...The movie covers content that whilst not overly disturbing made for a mixed array of characters, I found myself thinking, seriously they scrapping the bottom of the creative barrel, that it felt like no new ideas had been created and just semi taboo and weird characters could be used to fill the void.

point in case, The psychic (a pleasant surprise is Billy Connelly) just happens to be a paedophile Priest. Who has molested alter boys in his past, only to have one of them grow up to fall in love with a male organ transplanter who is hell bent on saving his dying lover by kidnapping women to save him, it was all a bit weird in the end, I never really new if it was to save his internal organs or if it was meant to reflect the fact that the gay man, wanted to put his lovers head on a female body as the final scene of that scenario shows the mans head detached and the kiddnapped women about to have hers removed.

I found the whole story to be full of holes and no where near as tight as the previous movie(s), tv series and frankly the thought that both David and Gillian must have made this just for the money crept in a few times.

Some of the scenes seemed to be done quickly without the required explanation or time factor ex.. mentioned above was the detached head scene, well surprise surprise Mulder saves the women from having her head removed, only to find himself saved by Scully, then scully has to operate to repair the women's head cut to next scene 3 seconds later she is back out talking to mulder again.

Another thing that made the film seem like a sell out was the fact that both Mulder and Scully are now lovers and living together with added kissing scenes. Something that purists would probably shudder at. For my money the romantic connection was always going to appear in this film, you just new it. even though it was hidden for a good portion of the film and a subtle attempt was made to shock the viewer when it becomes clear.

It just never felt like these two were indeed a couple to me. at one point in the film the relationship is questioned, but from the lack lustre "love" these two show it was at best probably only a relationship based on professional respect. I'm sorry I just did not buy it!

Personally I missed the cancer man the most, but mulders old nemesis/friend (his old boss) does make a late and somewhat unexplained appearance towards the end of the film

edit: probably to add credibility to the film. But all I could scream was do it for the money man!!

I think this is not the best film you will see this year, and its also not the worst film you could watch.

As always interested in what others think

I am sad to say that I think this will be the last of anything xfiles, i hope i am wrong but after almost 10 years if this was the best they could come up with its probably a fitting end
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I took my daughter to see this, shes a fan. I don't mind the X Files but wouldn't class myself as a big fan.

I was surprised that the 2 old cronnies on the ABC movie show canned Billy Connolly, I thought he was great in this movie.
    Anyway I thought maybe 6/10(bit to much snow for me made me feel cold all the way thru)

P.s recent good watch was the Directors(i think) choice 8 Episodes on DVD, that was a good.