Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WIN Press Release, Times of Change.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    So what does this mean to 'Joe Viewer' regarding both programs and number of channels?

Do we still retain the 3 'commercials' as we have now, does this mean Master Chef will still be on TEN in the Metro areas (will it?) but not on LCN5 regionally now?

While in a completely different basket, does any of this hussle and shuffle have any affect on VAST?

With the exception of the unmissable slew of adverts for the shows, I have never seen an episode of Master Chef or the Project and I really dont care who screens it or when.
    i would also like to know how all this would affect VAST

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 958 Posts

we may have to wait & see exactly what happens on July 1 .....

all the channels will probably still be there only WIN will be broadcasting TEN programs, & NINE & SEVEN programs will be shown on the other regional broadcasters respectively

where as we now have 7, WIN & 10, it will appear to be 7, 9, & WIN ....

& maybe WIN will be broadcasting TEN programs on LCN's 8, 80, etc .... & we are yet to see if NINE programs will be on say 5, 50, etc or some other LCN's ?

Logos and branding my also change WIN keeping its logo & branding but broadcasting TEN programs .....

& we have heard a rumor the NINE logo & branding may be used by the regional broadcaster showing NINE programs .... ?

only a month to go to see what happens ......

I wonder if they will be making changes again in 5 years time when the current contracts expire again .... ?
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 01-06-16 at 11:43 PM.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

Premium Member
    Thanks

WIN WA to broadcast TEN programs too ....

WIN appoints WA general manager

Former General Manager for both WIN WA and Channel Nine, Perth, Paul Bowen, has been appointed General Manager, WIN Western Australia from today.

The appointment comes a month before WIN’s affiliation to Network TEN.

“The new agreement brings fresh opportunities for us to consider and the chance to redefine the way we do things across the network,” he said.

“It is important we deliver the best media offering available to our market and I have strong ideas about our future potential.

“There is a lot of work to be done as we transition across to being a TEN Network affiliate broadcaster and I am particularly looking forward to working with the WIN Western Australia team to build our airtime revenue opportunities.”

WIN Network CEO Andrew Lancaster added, “Paul has the knowledge, the commitment and the attitude to consolidate and grow the relationship with our new affiliate while ensuring we continue to meet the needs of our Western Australian viewers, advertisers and partners.

“He already knows what he wants to achieve in the market and he is ready to hit the ground running. I know he will be a great ambassador for WIN moving forward.”

WIN’s affiliation with TEN commences on July 1st.

so it looks like Vast WA may be effected by the changes ... ? (don't WIN broadcast both NINE & TEN on vast in WA ?)

not sure if Vast East will be effected by the changes at all ?
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 02-06-16 at 05:42 AM.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

In reality, who makes the show the viewer watches is immaterial when all said and done.
    Because of this LCN system giving regional viewers these weird numbers, Channel Badging like SEVEN, NINE and TEN in the Metro areas hasnt the same penetration on regional viewers, they could be alphabetical (A, B, C, D, E) just so long as the viewer can find their favourite program.

Osirus, your whimsically wondering what may happen in 5 Years time when these new contracts/agreements run out, Mate I wouldnt give them until next Friday week before the situation could change again......................and again........................and again!!!
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (02-06-16)

Queensland - servicing rural Aust & Sth Pacific
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OSIRUS View Post
    so it looks like Vast WA may be effected by the changes ... ? (don't WIN broadcast both NINE & TEN on vast in WA ?)

not sure if Vast East will be effected by the changes at all ?
    Osirus, in WA WIN broadcasts 7 content and GWN 9 content. WIN and GWN are JV partners in Ten West.

I am also very curious to see what happens with both WA VAST offerings and Eastern Australia. I can say some very peculiar things have been happening to the VAST sourced PIDS in WA of late.
    Last edited by beerman; 06-06-16 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Spelling
    "the one with the sugar coating is the one that would otherwise taste worst".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    Osirus, in WA WIN broadcasts 7 content and GWN 9 content. WIN and GWN are JV partners in Ten West.

I am also very curious to see what happens with both WA VAST offerings and Eastern Australia. I can say some very peculiar things have been happening to the VAST sourced PIDS in WA of late.
    On another note - picture quality of WIN HD in Rockhampton Qld, has collapsed. Looks more like standard def tonight so I wonder if this has anything to do with the changeover in this part of the world.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pc9 View Post
    On another note - picture quality of WIN HD in Rockhampton Qld, has collapsed. Looks more like standard def tonight so I wonder if this has anything to do with the changeover in this part of the world.
    All good again this morning - will keep an eye on it.

Premium Member

Thanks

I am surprised we havent heard of any disruptions/loss of quality during that recent storm event that has hit the East Coast from Brisbane to Hobart.
    I noted some buffering (SkyMuster Satellite service) on a particular Internet site during the storm period that wasnt there before and seems to be back to normal the next day.
    Going on my location and the direction the Satellite is to me, I wondered if the problem was with the Uplink rather than from the Satellite to me.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Mate I wouldnt give them until next Friday week before the situation could change again......................and again........................and again!!!
    While I agree some details may not be known until we see what happens on July 1st, I believe Contracts have been signed for the next 5 years

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    in WA WIN broadcasts 7 content and GWN 9 content.
    Shouldn't that be in WA WIN broadcasts 9 content and GWN 7 content (at the moment) ?

We will wait & see what happens on/after July 1st I guess .......
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 08-06-16 at 07:01 PM.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Australias Biggest Network has a New Home

July 1, 5 on your remote control

From Friday 1 July free to air TV broadcasting in key regional Australian markets will change.

Viewers in regional Queensland, regional Victoria and southern NSW will see this change.

From 1 July, the Nine Network channels and their programs like A Current Affair, the Voice, NRL State of Origin, The Briefcase, 60 Minutes and Today will be broadcast by Southern Cross Austereo (SCA) on channels 5, 50, 51, 52, 53 and 54.
    Also details the changes to other regional Broadcast areas too ....
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 13-06-16 at 11:35 AM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OSIRUS For This Useful Post:

beerman (17-06-16),gordon_s1942 (13-06-16),mtv (13-06-16)

Premium Member

Thanks

Viewers are going to need to make sure that the TV guide they buy is relevant to THEIR local area, no more getting the Lift Out of the Sunday Metro papers any more.......

Thanks

Why Gordon? The paper will still have the, variably inaccurate due to program shuffle, guide for TEN and NINE. All the viewer has to do is relate the new LCN to the listings in the paper. I know that'll be a stretch for viewers of programs such as My Ktichen Rules, The Block and other such dribble, but hopefully they'll work it out, eventually.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Each network also has their program guide on their respective websites... no need to 'buy' a TV guide at all.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12