Thread: Samsung 46" LCD Series 7 lines like interference shooting horizontal across screen

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Default Samsung 46" LCD Series 7 lines like interference shooting horizontal across screen

Hi TV boffins!

I recently noticed little thin yellow shooting lines that flick across the screen horizontally like interference. Very random and approx. 10mm long. It's noticeable mainly when there is a grey colour on the screen!
    The model is LA46A750R1FXXY and I can't really find too much on the net googling.
    I thought it might have been coming from the sat receiver so I changed to the TV internal tuner input as opposed to using the HDMI input and it still does it. Is this the start of a panel issue?

Cheers,
    Leroy
    Last edited by LeroyPatrol; 07-06-16 at 01:14 PM.
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 490 Posts

Without seeing an image, I am inclined towards a T-Con (timing control) problem. Loss of LVDS data can produce random flashes of lines.
    The fact that the lines are yellow points to an absence of blue data or corruption of red and green.
    If you have access to some solid colour flat fields (plenty on YouTube) try inputting single colours to narrow down the problem.
    If the lines appear on menu overlays, the problem is at the LVDS interface or drive, as menus are generated at the very end of the signal chain.
    Breaking and making the LVDS connectors from both the main PCB and T-Con PCB can often be curative. Alternatively the T-Con PCB may be in it's death throws.
    The high pin count BGA FPGA ICs that do the heavy lifting can fail due to solder fatigue / oxidisation or inadequate heatsinking. Not familiar with the hardware in this model and good luck finding any service information.
    can sometimes be helpful in unravelling the T-Con puzzle; although it rarely has too much free information.
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." - Issac Asimov

Thanks

Thanks for the detailed reply. I only seem to see it when there is a grey background (and it seems it can't be moving) and even then I don't see it all the time. When I really notice it next I will try solid colors and do a bit more trouble shooting. But sounds like it's worth reseating the cable connectors.

Cheers,
    Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

ha ha well it's finally given up!! Thoughts? Is it worth fixing?