Thread: Solution 862 Alarm System and key fobs

Thanks

Default Solution 862 Alarm System and key fobs

Hi all,
    i have recently moved into a house with a Solution 862 alarm system. My first question is, how do i tell if its is an Solution Ultima 862 system or just the an 862 system? secondly, there is an RF receiver attached the to system and from what i can tell (from pictures on the internet) if it either an RF3212 or RF3212E receiver, is there any way to tell which receiver it is as they run on different frequencies. i know previously there were two key fobs associated with the system but we didnt get them when we moved in. i have the old remote RF numbers for the remotes as well but i guess that doesnt help me. i thought it was an RF3212E receiver and purchased a new remote as such, when i program the new key fob, at the last stage when i put in the 9 digit RFID and press '#/away', all i get is one long beep rather than the two beeps i thought would get. any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Try with pressing one of transmitting buttons (arm or disarm) when you're programming/adding a new key fob, it should automatically be recognized and serial number will show up.Also you will know are they communicating or not.
    sparky

• The Following User Says Thank You to dextel For This Useful Post:

alfonz (01-07-16)

Banned
    Thanks

If the receiver was put in at the time of the alarm it will not be the "E" type because that came later. If you pop the front cover off the receiver there will be an ID sticker inside that will tell you the type. Alternatively the red led on the receiver will flash when it receives the appropriate RF signal. If it is not flashing when you press a remote button then there is a frequency mismatch. Another thing to check is that you are assigning the remotes to user Nos above 8

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dextel View Post
    Try with pressing one of transmitting buttons (arm or disarm) when you're programming/adding a new key fob, it should automatically be recognized and serial number will show up.Also you will know are they communicating or not.
    What you've said here only works with the Bosch Solution 16 Plus, 64, 144 and 6000 panels. There is no automatic fob recognition during the learning process with the Ultima 862 or 880 panels.

• The Following User Says Thank You to alarmman For This Useful Post:

alfonz (01-07-16)

Thanks

Yea just program in serial no. and try. But I agree check to see if there is activity on the rx led that will tell you remotes are on the right freq etc

• The Following User Says Thank You to deanfourie For This Useful Post:

alfonz (01-07-16)

Thanks

thanks for the feedback. as i dont know when it was put in, ill just have to assume it was done at the same time as the alarm. Will the LED flash even if fob is not associated with the system? i have cleared all the user numbers from 9 to 16 and only trying with those numbers. ill pop the front cover over the weekend and see what it reveals. thanks for your help.

Thanks

Yes led will flash even if its not programmed. That will confirm the frequency then program in the serial number and test