Thread: Sound bar

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Default Sound bar

I am suffering from industrial deafness due to hard work am annoying the family by having the sound up all the time
    Thought if i got a cheap sound bar which would have the speakers facing me and not the wall, it would be a little less intrusive
    Would like to hear your recommendations and thoughts, Al Lover
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I too have a similar problem but its my Wife who has reverse Deafness as she turns everything down so low I can hear my heart beat !!
    I really doubt a sound bar will solve your problem because it will face everyone in the room, not just you which wont make their listening too pleasant

Other options are WiFi headsets, hearing aids and lounge chairs with speakers built in.
    Depending on your room size, what about a set of slimline speakers, one on each side of where you sit mounted shoulder high with the speakers turned into face you ?

Have you had your hearing tested and know why your this way as age and other factors beside working in a noisy environment can affect your hearing.

It did surprise me a bit when we both had ours done and while we both heard at roughly the same level, we both had different responses to the various frequencies they use to test your hearing.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 12-07-16 at 05:13 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Get a Sonos, they developed the sound bar, did it well. You get what you pay for.