Thread: Where In The World Is Osama Bin Laden -DOCO

Thanks

Default Where In The World Is Osama Bin Laden -DOCO

I had heard good things about this film/documentary and was eager to watch it.

I had no knowledge apart from peoples comments about it, and was surprised when I started the viewing to find the guy out of "supersize me" as our intrepid host and narrator...

It has been a while since I had seen "supersize me" and took me a while to remember where I had seen this guy from. Having enjoyed that doco I was immediately put at ease, as I enjoy the guys style, and general humour.

Alas I may be the only one on the planet that actually did/does not like this film

The premise was so on the money, asking the world community about what they think of Osama, and terrorism etc etc. It started out very promising, but pretty quickly turned south. I mean travelling to the middle east because your wife/GF is having a baby and questioning the decision to bring a child into the THIS KIND of world. ahh please... its pretty soft IMHO.

To be clear, I do not object to this question being asked, but then to make a documentary on it seemed to me as "just wanting to get your head on TV"

But I persisted thinking well who knows perhaps he will actually find and interview Osama Bin Laden....the doco seems to be so heavily geared towards this that even though in the back of my mind I new it was not going to happen I still felt like you just never know... can we say "sucker" boys and girls..

I will give him credit, as he does come across as someone that really does not upset anyway in his manner that must have been a real plus for him to do what he does..

Personally the only scene that was worth a mention was when he was harassed by Jews which was the only time in the whole film where anything happened, It was a puff piece from start to end, and anyone with 2 brain cells can already tell you the outcome of the premise , that people are people no matter where they live, no matter what religion they follow, they all want peace and stability etc etc (No Shit Sherlock)

I never felt like he was passionate about anything, and maybe because of his style (a cruiser, laid back kind of guy) no real hard questions where asked, which is fine, but it did not really even present much content at all from any side of the street, I was not looking for finger pointing, but some debate, self reflection ANYTHING would have been good.

To make matters worst, there is cut scenes back to his wif/GF who is having a baby which adds nothing to the film. The worst of which happens at the end of the film before he enters Pakistan "tribal" area, where he and his wife tell each other how much the miss each other, and how they love each other so much etc etc it was plain boring to watch!

OK, heres my biggest beef with it...

Just as we are about to think , this is it, some actual content. some actual resolve, He dramatically reads a sign stating basically that "any foreigner past this point will most likely be killed", he walks away stating that its not worth it!

Poor .... very anti climatic and I felt ripped off (hey dude I had stuck with you all the way and you do this to me)

Honesty this could have been so much more.. props for trying but I think that any opened minded person would/could have come to the same conclusion that the film ends on...

Not a total waste of time, just not the best way to spend 1 1/2 hours

Anybody else feel the same way... or perhaps totally different???
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

no your not the only one at the movies did a review they were not impressed