Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cutting Fibre Cement

Premium Member
    Thanks

A guy I once did some work for had this dedicated saw for this purpose. A small looking circular saw suited to single hand operation with a diamond blade and water attachment for a domestic hose which supplied a steady stream onto the blade. It was a brilliant tool for dustless cutting of tiles, glass, concrete etc up to about 20mm max but I didn't take note of the brand at the time unfortunately. Might see if I can find one of them

Clockwise or anti-clockwise just depends on which side you're looking at but the leading edge of the blade (the bit dong the cutting) should be rotating toward the bed of the saw to prevent it 'climbing' out of the cut IE it should tend to pull itself into the cut for safety purposes and controlability.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

I picked up a cheap 7" angle grinder to cut some concrete but for the size you're looking at, you can pick up a cheap diamond tipped blade for a 100mm grinder for only a few bucks at the likes of Cheap as Chips. Just work slowly and you should not have any trouble, A face mask might be a good idea, though. The blade will certainly do 1500mm and some.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

I work where they make the stuff.
    Cement carbide tipped blade on a circular saw will suffice..Dust mask/ respirator is a must.
    You need to maintain a reasonably high feed rate whilst cutting so the blade doesn't over heat.
    The helper following with a vacuum is the recommended method..
    Keep the mask on when disposing of the vac bag.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12