Thread: FE 3000 Programming

Thanks

Default FE 3000 Programming

Hi guys

I've installed a few FE 3000 and 2000 Gsms and have been quite happy with what they can do. I now have a programming scenario that I'm sure it can do quite easily it's just I have only programmed the basics of these and I feel I now have to delve into different routes

My problem is this.

We have a client that has a chain of shops which all have GSM's fitted. Most of them are other types but one in particular has an FE 3000 fitted. The client has just had a major phone configuration change which has resulted in all of their stores now requiring that all of their pstn phones dial a "0' to get out. This has been done at the exchange so no wiring has changed onsite.

Suddenly overnight all of their stores stopped reporting and we have had to visit each (over 20) to change the receiver numbers and test.

The FE 3000's are different from most other GSM;s in that its the GSM unit itself which kisses off the panel, and then re-transmits the data to the control room. It also stores the phone number from the panel (on its first received signal) as well as the account number. The unit uses this number to dial the control room whether its the pstn line it uses or the GSM route. If we change the number in the panel then the GSM also tries to use the '0" and so cant get through. If we remove the '0' then the pstn has the wrong number but the Gsm gets through. How can I tell the Gsm to use the receiver number withouth the '0' when its reporting via gsm network but to use the '0' when using the pstn network.

Hope this all makes sense

Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Hey Paul
    whats brands of panels are connected to the fe's???

Thanks

Hrm, can't help mate. I only use SED-62's, i would assume that the FE series can have a manual set of programming put into it, rather then the "auto" feature you mention.

Do you programme your GSM's to send a timer test or anything ?
    (i know its un related, but i find so many gsm's with no timer test and no gsm fail output to the panel, drives me crazy)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

If you leave the "Panel Number" (PN) on the FE3K default as NONE then the FE3K will use the first number received from the panel for all dial-up communications. So to overcome the "0" dial out, you need to MANUALLY program the PN in the FE3K.

PN (Panel Number): This command allows a default dial-up telephone number to be programmed that will be used by the FE3000 when reporting to a Central Station using any dial-up style route. If the panel number is un-programmed (default), then it will be replaced by the 1st phone number used by the alarm panel on its first communication to the FE3000.
    So refer to the manual on how to program the FE3000 manually, tip ONLY program the PN make sure you leave the TN (telephone number) locations BLANK. If you don't have a manual PM me for one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keef82 View Post
    Hrm, can't help mate. I only use SED-62's, i would assume that the FE series can have a manual set of programming put into it, rather then the "auto" feature you mention.

Do you programme your GSM's to send a timer test or anything ?
    (i know its un related, but i find so many gsm's with no timer test and no gsm fail output to the panel, drives me crazy)
    Hi there.

Yes, always use test timer, and usually use seds too including using the fault output which we invert to make fail safe.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manicretep View Post
    Hey Paul
    whats brands of panels are connected to the fe's???
    We usually use NX's

Paul

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by intelliGEORGE View Post
    If you leave the "Panel Number" (PN) on the FE3K default as NONE then the FE3K will use the first number received from the panel for all dial-up communications. So to overcome the "0" dial out, you need to MANUALLY program the PN in the FE3K.

So refer to the manual on how to program the FE3000 manually, tip ONLY program the PN make sure you leave the TN (telephone number) locations BLANK. If you don't have a manual PM me for one.

Thanks for your input. I will try this on a bench before going to site. Sounds like a plan though. Also, I do have a manual so will give it a shot. Thought it might be a bit more complicated than that by have to change the destinations etc. Also was wondering what the pabx option on the FE 3000 does. Not sure if its implemented in all versions though.

Paul

Thanks

Hi Pauly

Not sure if you have resolved this one or not.

The FE3000 will use PN (Panel Number) as the receiver number for all communications, unless you program in the TN numbers. You can clear PN by PN=x

If you program in the TN (Telephone Numbers)1 - 32, the FE will use the corresponding TN when it communicates.

If the FE has the basic default config, TN1 and TN2 will be dialled via PSTN, TN3 and TN4 will be dialled via GSM.

Program via SMS or direct connection cable, TN1=013451234,,TN2=013451234,,TN3=13451234,,TN4=13 451234