Thread: Ness D16XD Query (Inverted Status and Keypad Query)

Thanks

Default Ness D16XD Query (Inverted Status and Keypad Query)

Hi all,

I have upgraded my old alarm panel from a AvGad panel to a Ness D16XD and I have a brief query.

1) All of my PIR's and Glass Breaks appear to be sealing fine as you would expect, however, the front door reed switch is operating inverted. Its connected to Zone 1 with a EOL 2.2K at in parallel. I get a seal status when the door is open, and unsealed notice when the door is closed. I could muck around putting an inverter circuit or changing over the flush mount reed switch, but its deep embedded into the door frame. Is there a option that I can change that to invert the input?

2) My "AUX" button has disappeared from the navigator touch screen. Not sure why this has gone. Idea's?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Kind regards,
    Josh

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

The EOL should be in series NOT parallel. With it in parallel when you close the door the reed will put a s/c across the EOL and resulting loop resistance will be zero. With the door open the s/c is removed & loop resistance will be 2k2 and seal the zone.
    If you cannot get to the existing EOL then your best bet would be to put a 2k2 in series (in the panel) Then with door closed you would have 2k2 (in panel) in series with a shorted 2k2 - result 2k2 & zone sealed. With door open you would have a 2k2 (in panel) in series with 2k2 at reed - result 4k4 & zone faulted.

AND I know it is your panel but write yourself a note or do a drawing & leave it in the panel for future reference.

• The Following User Says Thank You to watchdog For This Useful Post:

joshmac (01-08-16)

Thanks

Watchdog, many thanks for your suggestion, I switched over the resistor to series instead of parallel and it works like a charm.

From what I have seen so far, installers typically wire all active powered sensor power wires together in parallel and join them into one peripheral power outlet on the main PCB. There must be a neater way to go!!
    Is there any particular reason that alarm PCB's don't have any protected power distribution?

Thanks

aux power is normally protected by a fuse?

Thanks

Unless I am mistaken the 12v outout is protected by automatic resettable fuses

Thanks

I was thinking along the lines of more outlets. As it only has 3 x 12v connections, only 1 of which is labelled for sensors and protected the a auto reset fuse in the manual.

On a 16 zone, having more power connections would be great, perhaps in between each zone input would be a power connection protected by a resettable fuse. My only guess would be lack of space on the board for more connections.

Thanks

There are three places for powering devices from the panel,

one at zone 1, one at zone 8 and one on the expander board

Thanks

Its a bugbear for not having enough aux space on most panels, especially when using heavier gauged wiring. But there is a reason for this, so that panel is not overloaded with too many devices pulling aux power than what it is rated for. But there is nothing stopping you from using a terminal strip or like to increase your capacity to wire in more cables.