Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Media Box query.

Thanks

Gordon,did you enable in the settings to download apps from unknown sources.?i assume you did.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jakeyboy View Post
    Gordon,did you enable in the settings to download apps from unknown sources.?i assume you did.
    Mate, with me, NEVER assume anything because as the old Joke goes, it makes an ASS out of You and ME !!!

I am still finding my way about and have no idea where to even look to see if this is an option (download from Unknown Sources) and if its enabled or not.
    So far I have downloaded about 5 APPS from the Playstore such as TENPLAY, iview ABC, SBSondemand and Plus7 and they all opened their respective programs.

I will keep looking and see what I can find in the settings, once I get the damn menu to open up,

Any and ALL Hints and ideas are gratefully received except those telling me what I already know that I should bundle everything up and return it as its beyond my capabilities to use.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

I'd also suggest a few other Apps gordon (well i find them handy anyway)

C31 (The Foundry)
    Rain (Mark Beaton)
    Tune In Radio (TuneIn Inc)
    IPTV (Alexander Sofronov)
    Titanium Back Up (Titanium Track)

There is also 7 Olympic App and Rio 2016 App if thats your thing.

Another Tip gordon, instead of trying top type into Playstore on the Android Box, just log into the same account on a laptop, then add all your Apps from there.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 06-08-16 at 01:12 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Premium Member

Thanks

Found 'Unknown Sources' and it was already enabled.
    I went through all the other bits in Settings, like screen resolution, Sound etc and either left them as is or set as I hoped they should be.

I was thinking with FoxtelGo and this Mediabox although their both Android, I had a problem loading an APP and it not working on a Tablet.
    The APP was for a Realestate site and it worked perfectly on the Bauhn Tablet I bought from ALDI.
    A few months later I bought the Samsung Galaxy Tab3 and when I tried to load this same APP, it would not work so I emailed the company only to be told 'they didnt have an android APP' ????? then what did I have running on the Bauhn?
    I checked every month and one day, there was the APP large as life and working like it had been there 'forever'.
    Possibly FoxTelGO has a program that your Media box ignores, like the regional code on DVD's some players just ignore but others wont play the disk if its the wrong code and this is one Media player affected by it.
    There is another possibility in that I have a problem of not being able to open My Account with Foxtel because it thinks I am NOT in Australia!!!
    In a way not being able to access Foxtel is no great problem because with most of the programming, if its not repeated in 2 hours, it will be on again in a few days anyway.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Looks like your answer is to get the same box jake is using
    He has conformed it is working.

Foxtel Go webpage will tell you exactly which devices it officially supports
    It does say "All Android Devices" 4.1 and up

Maybe you can ask Foxtel Support for help?

There is other info on the Foxtel Go page you might find useful.

Now.... maybe jake can tell you more on his device and its HDMI connection

This is an interesting condition too
    Not available for Optus, business, during cooling off period, in collections and disconnected customers.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 06-08-16 at 03:38 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

oceanboy,you were right with the problems with Foxtel go app and because it worked for me so easily,i didn't read anything into it any further.so now I don't why my android box works.all I can say is just buy the laser media payer.

Premium Member

Thanks

Not being able to access Foxtel on this Media Box is no great problem as I can access it via the Galaxy or the Computer.
    Its more the odd program I might miss on the Terrestrial channels who dont repeat everything.

I have bought and waiting for one of these U Beaut mini keyboards which I hope will work better than the keyboard on the remote does.
    One thing I found out is a USB connected mouse moves the cursor very much faster than the Remote button does.
    The only problem is I cant get the right/left buttons on the mouse to work (yet)

I have put in a TF card and saw in the 'settings' a box mark PVR, does this mean I could record an incoming 'stream' onto the card for later playback?
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 08-08-16 at 01:31 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 783 Posts

best to ask the fox than the chickens

Access & restrictions

If you are waiting for a tech visit or box replacement, you can always access your Foxtel service via Foxtel Go.

You can use Foxtel Go anywhere in Australia provided you have an internet connection (including Wi-Fi or personal hotspot).
    Free access up to 60 days~ at no cost prior installation (new install & service move).

You will be unable to view any live TV or Catch Up on a jailbroken or rooted device as it's without standard protection requirements.
    Foxtel Go does not support AirPlay, Mirroring or HDMI adapters.
    Last edited by Philquad; 08-08-16 at 05:09 PM.
    https://www.facebook.com/philquad68

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Philquad View Post
    best to ask the fox than the chickens

Access & restrictions

If you are waiting for a tech visit or box replacement, you can always access your Foxtel service via Foxtel Go.

You can use Foxtel Go anywhere in Australia provided you have an internet connection (including Wi-Fi or personal hotspot).
    Free access up to 60 days~ at no cost prior installation (new install & service move).

You will be unable to view any live TV or Catch Up on a jailbroken or rooted device as it's without standard protection requirements.
    Foxtel Go does not support AirPlay, Mirroring or HDMI adapters.
    I have no idea what 'Jailbroken' means even though I have seen the phrase used in relation to Phones and Tablets and of course, 'ROOTED' means to me its STUFFED, KNACKERED or like me , Totally USELESS.................

Possibly the media box I have is one of those that is affected by the HDMI connection but again, the loss of FoxTelGo on it is of no importance as I can access it on either the Computer or the Galaxy Tab.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12