Thread: North american maps on my Australian Garmin Drivesmart 70LM - want junction view

Thanks

Default North american maps on my Australian Garmin Drivesmart 70LM - want junction view

Hi All,
    I have a Garmin Drivesmart 70LM.
    My wife is going on a holiday in the USA & Canada, so I want to put City Navigator - North America on it.
    That in itself is no problem and I have no problem paying for the download.
    The problem is that according to the Garmin web site, the download doesn't include Junction View.

Can anyone point me to the correct JCV and any other files to make this work?
    Are there aother files I need to install also?

Ideally I'd like to install it all on a micro SD card.

Can anyone advise how to do this including whether I need to move/rename any files in the .System/JCV/ or any other existing folders?

Thanks in advance.

Look Here ->
    Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

First of all to get the correct JCV file for the map you need to know the exact map name & number/date. Eg; 2017.10

Then I can find you the correct JCV file for download.

So after you download the map, you simply put the new map & it's associated lock files on an appropriately sized micro SDCard in a folder called Garmin.
    Haven’t purchased a map download from Garmin, however I suspect there will be instructions with it when purchased.
    In the same Garmin folder on the card, make a folder called JCV & put the JCV file in it.
    MicroSD card;Garmin/JCV/correct jcv file.

Don't alter anything on the device apart from choosing the map when you need it.

More detailed info on choices in my Tutorial.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

tristen (20-08-16),Valkyrie (20-08-16)

Thanks

Thanks,
    That tutorial helps a lot.
    Looks like it will be North America 2017.20

Thanks

Map is installed and I have the following directory structure on the SD card.

JOURNAL
    MAP
    SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION

Map and unlock files all have same number.
    D2338240A

• The Following User Says Thank You to Valkyrie For This Useful Post:

Tiny (21-08-16)

Thanks

On the card create a folder named Garmin. In there create subfolder named JCV and place in there the correct *.jcv file [i.e. Path is sd:\Garmin\JCV\*.jcv].

It will probably be the same one used by nuvi 60 or the other nuvi xx series like 30/40x/5x etc which is either D5296070A.jcv or D3836160A.jcv for NA 2017.20.

Look at the file supplied by Garmin for AUNZ for your Lifetime Maps, if it's D5225070A.jcv for AUNZ 2017.20 then it's D5296070A.jcv for NA 2017.20 but if it's D3532160A.jcv then D3836160A.jcv is correct. If you've got D3531180A.jcv [for nuvi 2xxx/3xxx series, so less likely], then choose D3191200A.jcv for NA. Get the appropriate file from here: . Post in that thread if you have difficulties and i or someone else at GPS Power will help you.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Surething For This Useful Post:

Tiny (21-08-16),tristen (21-08-16),Valkyrie (21-08-16)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Thanks for that Surething, I was out on my bike today & didn't get a chance to be on here.
    Good to see you still drop in now & again.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Thanks

Thanks for that.
    As it turns out, the AU file on my DriveSmart 70LMT is 3531180A.
    I'll download D3191200A and give it a go.
    Do you know if the FM receiver for traffic will work over there?
    Probably not going to be a major issue given where she will be travelling, but would be good if it does.

cheers

Thanks

[EDIT]
    Please disregard below. It is working.
    It appears not all junctions are shown, but I added some more routes and it definately shows junctions.

Quote Originally Posted by Surething View Post
    Look at the file supplied by Garmin for AUNZ for your Lifetime Maps, if it's D5225070A.jcv for AUNZ 2017.20 then it's D5296070A.jcv for NA 2017.20 but if it's D3532160A.jcv then D3836160A.jcv is correct. If you've got D3531180A.jcv [for nuvi 2xxx/3xxx series, so less likely], then choose D3191200A.jcv for NA. Get the appropriate file from here: . Post in that thread if you have difficulties and i or someone else at GPS Power will help you.
    I installed D3191200A.jcv, but it doesn't seem to work.
    I created a demo trip around new york and whilst the normal lane indicators show, there is no junction view showing.
    I've posted on the other site as well to see if anyone can help get it working.

cheers.
    Last edited by Valkyrie; 21-08-16 at 10:15 PM. Reason: correction

Thanks

Reply in GPS Power shows you're now sorted.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Surething For This Useful Post:

Valkyrie (21-08-16)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    Thanks for that.
    As it turns out, the AU file on my DriveSmart 70LMT is 3531180A.
    I'll download D3191200A and give it a go.
    Do you know if the FM receiver for traffic will work over there?
    Probably not going to be a major issue given where she will be travelling, but would be good if it does.

cheers
    Good you got it sorted with Surething's help.

AFAIK the traffic will not work over there for your unit. Pretty sure it's a different system or subscription.
    Cheers, Tiny

Thanks

Cheers
    When I go into the subscriptions it lists a heap of countries including North America, so hopefully it will work.
    No huge deal if it doesn't as once they clear New York it's mostly highways

Thanks

G'day Tiny, thanks mate. Yeah still lurk around here now and then. Not much happening in Garmin here tho' lately .

Re adding traffic, i also gave Valkyrie this link when confirming the JCV info in GPS Power NA 2016.20 map thread.

Thanks

Hi
    I am in a very similar position to Valkyrie in that I have a DriveSmart LMT-D satnav with the Europe maps installed.
    Also travelling to the USA and have purchased the City Navigator North America NT 2018.20 - Lower 49 States. and like Valkyrie would like the Junction View and if possible the Active Junction view files to show up whilst there.
    I have downloaded 7 different JVC files for the North America NT 2018.20 map the 2 that work are D3060240A "large file" 825Mb and D3191230A 484Mb The first shows up as Junction View "photo view" full screen and the second smaller file as "photo view" split screen which I prefer. On the very very rare occasion Active junction view also shows up split screen, but then only active junction view, it does not change to "photo view" and then back to active JV as shown on youtube demos. I would like it to work all the time any ideas please.
    My other query how can I tell which JVC file I need to download for any particular map, so that I don't need to download them all and then try them one by one by trial and error. Also do I have the correct JVC file for my map.
    For information: The map is downloaded to a SD card and shows up as follows:
    SD Card/Map/ D0783340A.uml & D0783340A.img & D0783340A.gma
    If the JVC file is placed in a folder: SD Card/Map/JVC/D3191230A for example i.e. the JVC folder in the same place as the map image, as it seems is recommended on most tutorials it does not work. Nor does it work if the MAP folder is renamed GARMIN. Nor if the JVC file is renamed to the map Number.
    It only works if the JVC file is placed in the JVC folder on the Garmin Devise itself in the .system Folder. and it works fine when there when the Folder on the SD card is named MAP or GARMIN and when the JVC file is named as original D3191230A or renamed as map D0783340A. I mention this as it may well help anyone who is trying to achieve same.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Well looks like you have got a handle on it, unfortunately in some cases trial & error is your only solution.
    Cheers, Tiny