Thread: Just Another Bunch Of Interfering Bull****

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,964 Times in 9,060 Posts

Default Just Another Bunch Of Interfering Bull****

Others are free to disagree of course, but why does it have to be healthy? Why does it have to be Gourmet?

When I visit a food van, its for some late night junk. I want a dog. I want a burger. I want chips and gravy.

If I want to dine out on fine healthy food I'll go to a restaurant FFS.......

Sorry, but I for one like some junk food. I've always been partial to these things on the odd occasion, so why in heavens name does a sponging, public salaried, puffed up overfed f*ckwit like Doyle see the need to meddle, and prevent someone making a buck selling food like this?

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

cobra679 (08-09-16),DB44 (08-09-16),eaglem (09-09-16),Godzilla (08-09-16),irritant (08-09-16),Rick (08-09-16)

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,531 Posts

I'm all for them, But against them being bang in the centre of a CBD during a day trade, A few years ago when I owned a cafe in the CBD, we had a rouge coffee van selling coffee,sandwiches and cakes just parked around the corner, business was tough enough without having this mob making it tougher, so I spoke to many cafe owners around my CBD and we lodged a complaint to council, especially when most of us cafe owners were paying the council $3000 annually in rates and taxes and these mobile units wernt.
    The council actually listened and set the cafe van an exclusion radius zone, was surprising how much more business I got when it was removed.
    But sadly our small CBD lacks on take out food outlets after 9pm at night, and all your choice is, KFC,macca's,hungry jacks or pizza, I have noted lately of seeing a Kebab truck making its rounds around our area, but sadly this meat is the pressed processed shit and not very good to eat.At the end of the day is street food really junk food?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,648 Posts

Im usually out chasing a roadside Kebab or Souv when peckish in the early hours of the morning.

Still beats eating from a 24/7 McVomit or Hungry Jacks, most times its soggy and cold burgers that were made hours earlier and just sat there due to the low volume of customers.

Those roadside Kebab and souv outlets cut the meat off the spit on the spot and you watch them freshly make it then and there.....

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

eaglem (09-09-16),irritant (08-09-16),ol' boy (08-09-16),Uncle Fester (08-09-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

Ive seen these in other cities like New York and Vancouver , they dont seem to have too much business.
    personally I prefer bricks and mortar shops for food as council has more control over hygiene.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,531 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Im usually out chasing a roadside Kebab or Souv when peckish in the early hours of the morning.
    Let me guess your like me godz and eat with our hands like this

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rick For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (09-09-16),irritant (09-09-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Oh, you guys will like my very short list of, "The World's worst Pizza"

Now as you know, Pizza is so basic that it could be classed as it's own food group.
    Even when pizza is ordinary, it's still pretty good.

So my list of the world's worst pizzas has been running for 20 years and there are three pizzas on the list.
    There were only two up until a couple of weeks ago.

The pizza that started this list was bought in Uzbekistan about 1995.
    Ok, fair enough, you can imagine that pizza was a rather new concept to the Uzbeks back then.
    I chose to try the only "pizza restaurant" in Tashkent (and probably Uzbekistan) because I thought it would be interesting and I was getting a bit sick of eating plov.

The pizza that was served to me was made the same as the local bread. A large round disk of bread that has the consistency somewhere between a sao biscuit and dry sponge.
    There weren't many buffalo in Uzbekistan nor any sort of dairy. Most milk was either horse or goat milk. You guessed it, horse milk cheese. But despite horse milk being rather salty, it does make for a rather interesting cheese. The final ingredient (yes there were only 3) was peas. And I dislike peas more than horse milk.

This pizza held the title for a good 10 years before I discovered a pizza much worse, and which still holds the record for the world's worst.
    This pizza was purchased from a pub in Manilla NSW. It still holds the title because it was inedible. It was a stock standard Hawaiian pizza but the pineapple was rancid.
    My failure to even swallow a single bite without spitting it out was cause for an experiment. I could have driven 10km back to town but it was easier to cut it into small pieces and bet everybody $1 to try and swallow a piece. I got my $12 back and a lot of laughs an a few projectile vomits.

Last month I had the displeasure of encountering the world's new second worst pizza from the Woodenbong pub. Now I do have to say that this pizza was probably edible by other people and would have been a very nice pizza if it weren't for the cook thinking that he has some kind of poetic licence to create food wonders in a shitsville pub.
    The pizza base had some herbs in it. A LOT of herbs. Given the location I thought it might be the local gunja. But the taste was far worse. Fennel was one of the herbs which made the pizza taste overpowered with a licorice or aniseed flavour. It was disgusting and for a $20 pizza I expected a lot better. I threw it in the bin.
    The following week I decided I was going to try order a pizza without the gunja base. I spoke directly to the chef who's head was stuck so far up his own arse it was no wonder he couldn't notice the overpowering smell and taste. I've lost most of my sense of smell and and I found it offensive.
    The chef said he couldn't do an ordinary base. I gave him that look of; "Why am I not surprised you think flour and water is too fvcking hard?"

So talented you can over charge the customer, but not fulfill a simple request.
    If you weren't the only show in town, you'd be flipping other people's plastic burgers.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

eaglem (09-09-16),irritant (09-09-16)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,964 Times in 9,060 Posts

Woodenbong...... ..... Self charcoaling pizza ovens?
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

irritant (09-09-16)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post

Still beats eating from a 24/7 McVomit or Hungry Jacks, most times its soggy and cold burgers that were made hours earlier and just sat there due to the low volume of customers.

Those roadside Kebab and souv outlets cut the meat off the spit on the spot and you watch them freshly make it then and there.....
    Stop it, i'm hungry as now!
    And you know i have no such outlet where i live

To add to the post
    I had a Food Van in the QVM (Queen Vic Market) for some time, its still there now
    Also traded every year at Royal Melb Show and Moomba
    And at one point, MotoGP and others venues.

This was 6 years ago, the van is still trading today and will continue to do so.

What i can say is this.
    It was getting SO hard for new traders back then, especially with Health Regs
    Everyone that does this game, has been there for years!!!
    We all know people, people know us, venue operators know us, its a very small world that world.
    (And new people try to bust in all the time, most come and go)

I helped a friend get into the Food Truck Business 5 years ago, she applied for the Bells Easter Surfing Festival.
    And just like this Melbourne Major, they were looking for "Healthy Choices".... And that is exactly why she got picked over the all the other applicants.

Look, i can understand, the last thing we need is another Van selling Dimsims, chips and alike.
    If you are going to make it junk food, at least make it creative junk food!!!!

Big ass Hamburger with way too much cheese, something... anything...

Funny, as just a few days ago i had a serious yearning for a Pie Floater, no Pie Carts near me... so it was off to the Super Market for 6 Frozen Meat pies and ingredients to make the Pea Soup

There is seriously a glut of Food Vans now, every man and his dog has one (Too much reality TV)
    It wont be long before there is serious food poisoning case and screws are tightened even further.
    Most don't hand out receipts, its all cesh.... not much is traceable.

You watch, something will happen soon.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 08-09-16 at 09:48 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (09-09-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

I thought I could escape the terrible chef at the pub with his pizza base filled with "extra shit" by eating across the road at the cafe.
    But the feral woman who owned it must be smoking the same shit because my burger had more vegetable material in it than meat.
    The only part of a burger that should be vegetable material is the bun!

At the other end of the spectrum are some truly awesome eats that cost a normal price and they so fvcking good.

One of these places which I will HIGHLY recomend is Humble Pie.

So if you are driving the pacific highway north of Byron Bay heading towards Tweed heads. At Billinudgel is a pie shop not 20 metres off the highway.
    I order sausage roll, it costs about $3 (good price) and it is the best fvcking sausage roll on this planet and ordering a second one makes you wonder if you shouldn't order a third.
    The sauce of your choice is in a bottle at the end of the counter and you can slop on as much or as little as you like and it won't cost you a god damn cent.

Those little sauce packets they make you pay 50 cents for and FUVKING UNAUSTRALIAN. That's the kind of shit a you expect from a halal certified fast food takeaway.
    BBQ and Tomato sauce costs less than $5 per litre and all we want is enough to fvcking kill whatever is left of the taste of the frozen piece of shit you microwaved yesterday and it's been sitting in the display case ever since.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• The Following User Says Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

irritant (09-09-16)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Food vans are very common in central Europe, probably elsewhere too, wonder why they are so rare here?
    They are always on the same location, never seem to move just close the van(actually a trailer) outside trading hours which can be very late.
    So we always had our favourites where you get the best chips, best sauces, best kebab (Gyros), etc and they were generally (much)cheaper than restaurants.
    The specialty sauces was what caught me most, some might have 20 varieties.

Not far from me is a Fish and Chips shop here in Australia that charges you for SALT !!!
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 08-09-16 at 10:07 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

I feel sorry for kids these days with the ridiculous tuckshop police running things. By all means teach kids good habits and don't overdo things. But let's face it, a little soft-drink and junk food at school is not the end of the world at that age. Parents and school staff can monitor if any of the kids is really overdoing it. As for adults, it is up to them, not the Nanny State. As Sir Humphrey Appleby so cynically pointed out in "Yes Minister", smokers dying of Cancer actually do the public purse a service, as the costs of treating them had they lived longer usually far outweighs the cost of their cancer treatment.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Let me guess your like me godz and eat with our hands like this

You should be careful of too much grease in your burger, not good for you.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to irritant For This Useful Post:

enf (09-09-16),Godzilla (09-09-16),Rick (09-09-16)