Thread: Bosch Solution 6000 smoke detector wiring

Thanks

Question Bosch Solution 6000 smoke detector wiring

Hi All,

After some assistance - what is the correct way to interface a 4 wire smoke detector to a bosch 6000? By the looks of it, output 4 should be used for smoke power and relay wired back to a zone with a EOL resistor.

It looks like on the old alarm system, they had wired the interconnect back to the panel, i can only assume this was to use the smoke piezo as an internal piezo? Is this common wiring and should i attempt to replicate with the new system?

Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Dear boy you are going to burn your house down.

Thanks

Care to explain?

Thanks

Just read my initial post, and it isnt very clear -
    original wiring uses 6 core cable to an old DAS panel.

Now, interfacing to the 6000, i believe i should wire:

- Power to smoke detector to common +, and neg to output 4 which is preconfigured for smoke output (to provide reset from keypad)
    - N/O circuit with resistor wired back to zone on panel

The bit i'm not sure about is the "ground/sensor" connections which are used for interconnecting multiple devices were previously wired back to the alarm panel - I am trying to understand why and if i should attempt to wire the same. The only rationale i can think of, would be to trigger the smoke alarm as a piezo in another non-fire related event. Does this sound right, and can i wire it to the 6000 like this?

Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by santoitaliano View Post
    Care to explain?
    Sure.

You are attempting to install life-safety equipment and clearly don't have the requisite knowledge.

You are, almost literally, playing with fire.

Add to that some potentially peculiar work by a predecessor.

Thanks

With all respect, if you aren't going to try and help, why bother responding? Looking at your "open letter" answers that question for me. You should limit your posts to those that are value add instead of bashing less experienced members of the community.

Thanks

If I see someone about to do something foolish that could have disastrous consequences, my protective nature motivates me to point this out to them. Not hand them the weapons of their own destruction.

Forgive me and suit yourself.

Thanks

If you are gifted with the knowledge and experience, the other alternative would be to confirm or correct my assumptions.

I understand the fundamentals of a 4 wire smoke detector, I am confirming for the 6000 whether the preconfigured output is correct, zone is straight forward, my main concern is that I am not sure whether wiring back to the interconnect is common practice.

After proper connection, and subsequent successful testing, I don't know how this could lead to my "ultimate destruction."

Thanks

Is this alarm system have back to base monitoring?

Thanks

I understand the fundamentals of open heart surgery, delivering a child and flying an aircraft.

Not sure anybody would insure me though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bet2win View Post
    Is this alarm system have back to base monitoring?
    No back to base monitoring mate.

Thanks

Default did you gotit working?

Hello santoitaliano
    I read you post and I am too encountering issues with the Smoke 4 wire detector.
    Did you found a solution for it?

I am getting constant alarms triggered when activating the fire zone . I used the same detector on my old Bosch 880 system without any issue, just the Solution 6000 gives me grievances,.

Would be happy for your advise

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by klausiau View Post
    Hello santoitaliano
    I read you post and I am too encountering issues with the Smoke 4 wire detector.
    Did you found a solution for it?

I am getting constant alarms triggered when activating the fire zone . I used the same detector on my old Bosch 880 system without any issue, just the Solution 6000 gives me grievances,.

Would be happy for your advise

Just some update for people encountering this issue:
    Bosch Solution 6000 using 2 x D273TH four wire Photoelectric Smoke Detector, you cant buy them here and need to import them.
    As import they not approved as fire / smoke sensor and you MUST have separate smoke detectors installed and operational in your house.

Saying this, I used them in my previous residence and in the new house. They work better than any of the cheap smoke detectors you get here in AU from the builder.
    So I prefer them, but I got the required AU approved smoke detectors installed and operational, but not connected to the alarm.

The 4 wire D273TH has OPEN on normal and CLOSED on alarm between NO and C.
    You need to invert the Zone detection to acknowledge this.
    the +12V power need to run over the relays output and set so that when you activate the alarm it cuts the power to the sensor for 5 sec, this will reset the smoke alarm and clear any alarm.
    Unfortunately I had a defect port and been on a wild goose chase for a while, but its working now.

I hope this helps.

Klausiau

Thanks

Why don't you get BCA approved smoke detectors for your house that connect to the alarm?

Those smokes look similar to 20+ year old Bosch ones that were used.

Thanks

I have not seen those smoke detectors in years. As Andrew said better using BCA approved detectors.

Modern smoke detectors mostly are not latching so you will not need to connect to the output to reset them.

The interconnect on those old things is not connected back to the alarm panel.
    They interconnect as the name suggests from one smoke detector to another.
    The reason for this is when any smoke detector on the system go into alarm they will sound the internal beeper in each detector at the same time.
    The reason was many annoying beeps at the same time are more likely to wake you up than one.

Thanks

a little off topic but,
    Is it possible to link the interconnect of a 240v smoke alarm back to alarm, so when the smoke alarm triggers it sends the signal through the interconnect to alarm panel. And then this will alert the owner via tele or base that there is a fire.

For the readers who do not know much about the 240v smoke alarms, a 240v smoke alarm here in Australia is usually powered (residential talking here) by constant power to the smoke alarm on the lighting circuit. If the electrician has wired interconnect (most arnt here in VIC), the smoke alarm that detects smoke will send a signal down the interconnect wire to the other smoke alarms , all smoke alarms are connected to each other with an extra single cable which actually does not run on 240v but 5v, for 2 reasons, 1 in most properties the smoke alarms could be on different lighting cirtcuits and by having a 5v interconnect, it will not trip the RCD/safety switch if smoke alarms are installed on different circuits (when interconnect is triggered that is), if it was on 240v i believe it would trip the rcd (has to do with balance of L and N on RCD, i wont go too much in this), the second reason is, if the power was to go out and the smoke alarms are now running on the 9v back up, the interconnect will still work.

So if you did not want to add additional smoke alarms (alarm style one), and interconnect the 240v to the alarm so the user would be alerted when monitored, is it possible?

Thanks

The interconnect on the smoke detector itself can not be connected to an alarm system.
    The only this may work is to use the Clipsal 755PSMA4 smoke detector with the 755RB optional base which has a relay contact. This could then be used to connect it to a spare zone input in the alarm panel and programmed as a 24hr fire zone.