Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GPS Vehicle Trackers - Reviews and advice ?

Thanks

Yes, that's the hard wired unit, comes in a variety of frequency bandwidth variations. Am looking forward to having a play with it soon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Ohh, the other thing to consider is if your planning on traveling outside the Metropolitan areas that your Carrier covers that area.
    Telstra has the best coverage in general but it still has quite a few 'Black Spots' as does Optus who is next best.
    Others may only work within a limited area around a major town but with no service in between.

I feel companies who run those Amoured Cars would also use satellite as well to ensure they know exactly where their vehicles are.

You're absolutely correct Gordon, luckily these units record all GPS Satellite movement and tracking data onto their SD Cards if out of GSM Mobile range, and transmit it once back in GSM range.... thus providing seamless tracking so I've read.

As for commercial applications like Amourguard etc..... This review is for retail products for the average guy, so one point is low cost, second is easy functionality.

Commercial variants would of course involve dedicated servers, constant satellite two way comms and all sorts of costs I imagine. For the purpose of my retail test..... It will only cost me an Aldi Telstra SIM Card fee per Month.... with unlimited TXT etc. So that should keep track of the Motorbike and #### up the day of anyone trying to steal it

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12