Thread: Receiving Optus EPL via Foxtel Dish

Thanks

Default Receiving Optus EPL via Foxtel Dish

Hi All, Newbie to the forum, I’ve been around the loop with Optus and receiving EPL, I was initially going down the satellite route but decided against because Optus wanted to install another 2 satellite dishes on my roof for Two receiver box installs (no offer of multi-room). After going through 3 fetch mini TV boxes and putting up with crap picture quality I’ve decided to revisit the satellite route and this where I hoping you guys can help me.

I have checked on the VAST website and the area I live in is eligible for VAST.

My current system is the standard Foxtel install with Quad LNB feeding to IQ2 HD boxes. I have been reading online that I can put a spiltter box inline to feed a VAST box and depending on which one I want to watch I just switch on the either the VAST or the Foxtel box.

This where I need some help with set up because I’m not if this will work and if does what equipment/splitter box I need to make it work??

I’d also appreciated some help with box selection as I have no idea what is good or bad VAST box, ideally I want one with an internal HDD and one without.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to p.laver For This Useful Post:

william10 (20-09-16)

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

To add additional satellite outlets, you need a multiswitch.

It requires two connections from the LNB (one is used for horizontal transponders and the other is used for vertical transponders... it doesn't matter which two outputs of the LNB are used).

You then connect the outputs of the multiswitch to your receivers.

Multiswitches are available in many output capacities, 2, 4, 8, 16, etc.

I have found the Satking VAST boxes to be reliable.

You can plug an external HDD into them (as you can do with others) but I think the only VAST decoder with a built-in HDD is the Humax.

Another option is a VAST CAM/card, which can be used in any non-Vast decoder that accepts an Irdeto CAM. This option would give you a greater selection of decoders with internal HDD capability.

It's a more expensive method if you don't already own a decoder with a spare CAM slot, as the VAST CAM/card costs as much as a VAST receiver.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

p.laver (20-09-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

You need one of these:

Just bring two of the outputs from your LNB to the ports marked "V" and "H", then you can connect up to four receivers to the outputs marked 1 - 8.

With this setup all boxes that are connected can be used at the same time, independently viewing whatever is required on each from the satellite feeding the multiswitch.

For example, you could have both your Foxtel boxes, and two VAST boxes connected to just two of your LNB outputs through this mutiswitch.

I have two Satking VAST boxes which have been operating for close on three years now.....no problems thus far.

There are a couple of threads in the VAST forum which go into great detail about the various boxes in use.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

p.laver (20-09-16),william10 (20-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    To add additional satellite outlets, you need a multiswitch.It requires two connections from the LNB (one is used for horizontal transponders and the other is used for vertical transponders... it doesn't matter which two outputs of the LNB are used).You then connect the outputs of the multiswitch to your receivers.Multiswitches are available in many output capacities, 2, 4, 8, 16, etc.
    4 H inputs 4 V inputs and one Terrestrial input to 16 stbs/

IF EVOLUTION WORKS, WHY SO MANY IDIOTS?

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to irdeto2engineer For This Useful Post:

hos here (20-09-16),OSIRUS (21-09-16)