Thread: software for food retailer stock control

Thanks

Default software for food retailer stock control

Hi all,
    My inlaws have a food shop which sells a large vaiety of foods such as beans, nuts, hams, cheeses, flour eggs etc etc and i'd like to automate the process a little for them.

At the moment, they have a huge paper trail and to do a stock count to see what they need to order, they walk around the shop and write down what they need.

I was wanting to set it up so they can enter the items with a low level stock alarm and also a bar scanner so it automatically deducts one item every time they scan the item.

Something similar to woolies or coles but on a much much smaller scale.

If i can set that up, they wouldn't have to walk around the shop with a pad every week counting their stock. The software could probably spit out a report telling them which stock items need to be reordered and how many they sold during the week.

Could anybody suggest a company who can do this or possible software which will enable a barcode reader to be attached?

Thansks
    Slick1

Look Here ->
    Thanks

mate use Quicken it comes with cash draw , receipt printer and bar code scanner. It does the lot on 1 computer terminal. had mine for around a year now and it cost around $1400.The package is 3 programs, Quickbooks that's where you put all stock,bills ect it prints out ant report you want from most sold item,stock on hand , all tax reports collect pay tax ect. Then there's the Point Of Sale Program this is the 1 you use for sales, The last is the Administrator this is the 1 that talks between the other 2. So in other words at the end of the day when you've processed point of sale, the Administrator tell, Quickbooks what has been sold and adjust quantity on hand ect. When i was looking every shop said I'd need 2 computers and there programs where from $ 5 - $10000

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

It sounds intersting but i dont think it's exactly what i need. I need the barcode scanner hooked up to the cash register.

The best explaination i can give is that i need it to do what woolies and coles cash register does. Once you scan the items, it does the inventory control in the background and then gives a total cost of the items the customer is buying. it needs to be able to tell the cash register operator the amount of change which they need to give to the customer. its no good if i need to have a computer sitting next to the cash register. An all in one package would be ideal.

im not sure if quicken can do what i want.

Thanks
    Slick1

Thanks

Maybe somthig like this

Hope that helps.

In the back of a 50 kW AM broadcast transmitter
    Thanks

I have a client that runs some locally produced software.

They have a barcode scanner just as you want, and the whole system runs off a PC including the cash drawer. [You don't need a cash register as such]

A standard computer keyboard is used on the counter, and the function keys are set up for the most common operations - so only one key is required to be pressed in order to sell an item, admit a patron into the facilities etc.

Food sold over the counter is swiped under the barcode reader.

The program is easy to update when it comes to adding new stock lines, changing prices etc.

As you can see I am in New Zealand, but if you want the name of the company and their contact details just PM me.

Thanks

Unless your planning on writting something yourself I would suggest you stick with whats available and used by the retail sector, but I'll tell you now "It ain't cheap" but then tried and true applications never are.

This is what I to my clients

Thanks

ye mate Quicken does all that ya can even hook up scales to your scanner ,Quicken is virtually a cash register with another program that keeps track of all your financial's stock on hand, sold ect