Thread: Remote Located 3G/4G CCTV System

Thanks

Default Remote Located 3G/4G CCTV System

Hi All,

Looking for some ideas/options on what people have used with regards to 3G/4G remote camera systems...

We are only looking at a 2-3 camera system per site. We are considering a range of Hikvision cameras with built in SD card for recording, and a router/switch with a 4G connection.

There is no need for Live View, generally only playback. Depending upon the resolution, playback can be data intensive.

I know there is an all in one solutions () but these are obviously only a single camera option. Does anyone know the kind of architecture these run?

We have plenty of Solar Power/battery experience, so that side will not be an issue for us.

Any ideas welcomed.

Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

The biggest issue with using these types of cameras is more the cost of the bandwidth. Cameras need power, and if setting up a solar solution isn't scary for you, and if I was to design something like this, I'd likely use an Ubiquiti network and pull all the video from the cameras back to a central point (IP based solution). Adding a 3G/4G modem/router if remote access was a requirement, and either a small NVR with a hard drive, or a server running VMS to store the video.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

If your not interested in doing 'Live View', why do you need more than the internal SD card to record for later viewing?
    My Son has a 2 camera (unknown brand) outside using Wi Fi to a Monitor inside that records onto a 32GB card that is in the Monitor.
    The system can handle 4 camera's but I dont know what will work with what we have to add to the system.
    Each camera requires a power source (plug pack) but there are plenty of self powered Cams available.

The quality of the video is very dependent on the amount of light available at the time and of course goes grainy on IR or Moonlight and the distance between the Camera and the 'object' affects the resolution too.
    SD cards of 64GB are getting cheaper and more available.
    Another choice is do you want continuous recording which uses up space or at preset intervals/motion detection to conserve power/space?
    From reports many Councils and other Authorities are using these self powered Cams in various locations, particularly where illegal dumping occurs.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!