Thread: Motorola APX series

Premium Member
    Thanks

Default Motorola APX series

Constantly looking at the APX series on Ebay, trouble is all the worrying posts re no tags and updated APX6000 to APX8000 by replacing parts. What to do ? Any suggestions
    cheers Andrew

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I know this is old, but I was just browsing.. You can't upgrade a 6000 to 7000, or 8000. Now a 6000, 7000, 8000 model 2.5 to a 3.5 is a different story. The 4000 is a different setup entirely. You can't even swap boards as easy anymore. If they show pictures of the display showing the firmware and host ID etc and tags, I would feel better about it. If they show no tags or blurred tags its a risk. ( no tag is a definite though ). Motorola wouldn't make a radio with no labeling. I bought an APX 6000 from a seller that I have dealt with in the past has a good feedback rating, and will allow returns ( under certain circumstances ). If you see a really nice radio for anything under 2000 dollars Id be leary. Secure hardware is also a good indicator. Not all of them are enabled for it, but if you see secure hardware and a Revision number you can feel much safer.

Thanks

Default Thanks

Just what I was looking for.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eyeheartmotorola View Post
    I know this is old, but I was just browsing.. You can't upgrade a 6000 to 7000, or 8000. Now a 6000, 7000, 8000 model 2.5 to a 3.5 is a different story. The 4000 is a different setup entirely. You can't even swap boards as easy anymore. If they show pictures of the display showing the firmware and host ID etc and tags, I would feel better about it. If they show no tags or blurred tags its a risk. ( no tag is a definite though ). Motorola wouldn't make a radio with no labeling. I bought an APX 6000 from a seller that I have dealt with in the past has a good feedback rating, and will allow returns ( under certain circumstances ). If you see a really nice radio for anything under 2000 dollars Id be leary. Secure hardware is also a good indicator. Not all of them are enabled for it, but if you see secure hardware and a Revision number you can feel much safer.
    thanks for the advice, mate...