Thread: Mining Tax

Thanks

Default Mining Tax

We need a proper one.
    Partys and people who vote against it are un- Australian and should be deported to were the profits go.

By 2021 Australia will eclipse the Persian Gulf state of Qatar to become the world's biggest exporter of liquefied natural gas.
    In that year, when both countries are forecast to pump and ship roughly 100 billion cubic metres of LNG each, Qatar's government will receive $26.6 billion in royalties from the multinational companies exploiting its offshore gasfields.

According to Treasury estimates, Australia will receive just $800 million for the same volume of gas leaving its shores.

Stop the exporting of all our profits.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dishtrackted For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (10-10-16),eaglem (11-10-16),Godzilla (10-10-16),lsemmens (10-10-16),ol' boy (10-10-16),Uncle Fester (10-10-16)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I dont think anyone would object to Tax/Royalty concessions on the sale of products like this when you consider the massive investment needed to build it but once its underway and keeping it competitive with other suppliers, then these products should be making a return to the Country.
    Keeping in mind too that many such projects are often given very liberal concessions in purchasing Land and materials used in construction along with Wages and Payroll tax's either State or Federal so I see no excuse for Companies not paying a proper amount on their earnings.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

I wont be holding my breath for any change in my lifetime

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

enf (10-10-16),irritant (11-10-16)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,079 Times in 9,094 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    Its like many issues. The only people who demand change are oppositions because they don't have to actually do anything, just complain....and they are all good at that.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (10-10-16)

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

not while brown paper bags pass hands in the halls of Canberra!!!!!!!
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following User Says Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (11-10-16)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Its like many issues. The only people who demand change are oppositions because they don't have to actually do anything, just complain....and they are all good at that.
    Short memory my fellow.
    Your much despised opposition identified the issue a few years ago and had already introduced a mining tax, which the Abbott/Hockey regime obviously cancelled.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by porkop View Post
    not while brown paper bags pass hands in the halls of Canberra!!!!!!!
    To me they are all suffering from impacted feces. Nothing good can come out there.
    Alone our treasurer today commenting that even our cities do not have a housing price crisis.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    Short memory my fellow.
    Your much despised opposition identified the issue a few years ago and had already introduced a mining tax, which the Abbott/Hockey regime obviously cancelled.
    You obviously didn't read the post properly "my fellow".

I said oppositions (plural).....I'll lay you odds on to a brick sh*thouse that any ideas will be watered down when in government in order to be able to dip into the brown paper bag. Same with a useless banking royal commission, as like the unions, it will be found that they engage in contemptable behavior but very little that can easily be deemed prosecutable.

Don't worry though, these ideas will all be tested when "Malcolm the useless" loses the next election, and the workers crusaders (headed by the guy that sold out his own unions workers for money) is in charge.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

I said oppositions (plural).....I'll lay you odds on to a brick sh*thouse that any ideas will be watered down when in government in order to be able to dip into the brown paper bag. Same with a useless banking royal commission, as like the unions, it will be found that they engage in contemptable behavior but very little that can easily be deemed prosecutable.
    The only way to fix the unfixable is to vote for independent/unaligned to the big two parties, and the hardest part would be finding someone honest enough not to water down said commissions (not holding breath )

And OT but the purely politically motivated commission into unions has mainly found problems with individuals rorting their members, but compared to what the banks have been up, especially in the last decade, makes alleged union corruption look like petty shop lifting

Super Moderator
    Thanks

The only way to fix the unfixable is to vote for independent/unaligned to the big two parties, and the hardest part would be finding someone honest enough not to water down said commissions (not holding breath )

And OT but the purely politically motivated commission into unions has mainly found problems with individuals rorting their members, but compared to what the banks have been up, especially in the last decade, makes alleged union corruption look like petty shop lifting
    Oh please alpha0ne, the "individuals" are like rogue traders except they act for the unions. The banking royal commission cry was Shortens diversion for all his embarrassing union woes. Like the union inquiry it is politically motivated and will turn up some rogue deals for which the banks will apologise, and maybe a few individuals will cop the flack. Like the unions they will skate away.....leaving the poor screwed again.

Both sides of parliament are on the take in identical ways, and to believe any different is dumb.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,225 Times in 1,917 Posts

?...Don't worry though, these ideas will all be tested when "Malcolm the useless" loses the next election, and the workers crusaders (headed by the guy that sold out his own unions workers for money) is in charge.
    I'll bet your left nut neither will be the leader by then if both parties run true to form....
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    I'll bet your left nut neither will be the leader by then if both parties run true to form....
    To run "true to form" then Shorten would have to lie himself and stab himself in the back, an unlikely event IMO. We will swap an inept and weak PM with a truly dumb one.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,225 Times in 1,917 Posts

To run "true to form" then Shorten would have to lie himself and stab himself in the back
    LOL, I'm sure there are a few there who would take great pleasure in doing it for him.
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

There is only one problem with a Mining Tax i can see... and that is, we already cant trust them with the taxation money they currently have!
    It is hardly inspirational to want to give them more!
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!