Thread: UEC DSD 4121 dying slowly.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default UEC DSD 4121 dying slowly.

I got this stb when the Federal Government closed Aurora and the Analog Terrestrial services so its getting on a bit now but its always had one problem which I posted about here ages ago and that is a intermittent click both visible on screen and audible like when a welder first strikes an arc.
    I sent it off to UEC as it was still under warranty and they returned it with 'No Faults found' BUT replaced 4 diodes according to the job sheet.

Because I am lucky enough to get a fortuitous Terrestrial Reception, I dont use it very much unless that drops out but now the UEC doesnt want to obey the remote or even the front change channel buttons on the STB arent responding too well.

As I have a second UEC that has never missed a beat since the day I bought it, I have a second remote available which I used after replacing the batteries in the first remote but the STB simply ignored both.
    Both remotes light when any of the pads are pressed but the acknowledgement light on the stb doesnt most of the time.

I have no intention of having this STB looked at as it would be cheaper to buy a new one now but I was curious if anyone else has had this problem occur.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I'm regularly repairing government supplied boxes, usually it's faulty capacitors in the power supply. Usually easy enough to see by ripping the cover off & looking for bulging caps on the power supply board.

Haven't struck your particular problem, though.

Others stop working after a power break, usually caused by .
    Never stand under a shadow that's getting bigger

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Antennaman View Post
    I'm regularly repairing government supplied boxes, usually it's faulty capacitors in the power supply. Usually easy enough to see by ripping the cover off & looking for bulging caps on the power supply board.

Haven't struck your particular problem, though.

Others stop working after a power break, usually caused by .
    Mate, I just like being just that LITTLE bit different............
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!