Thread: DSC PC1565 Alarm System

Thanks

Default DSC PC1565 Alarm System

Hey all.
    I have a DSC pc1565 alarm system I have programmed and setup and it is all working correctly other then every time the alarm is armed it calls the set phone number 3 times with about 2 minutes in-between each call.
    I have left everything at defaults other then my zone attributes and access codes. I have also set the phone number.
    I would like it to only call the set number upon the alarm actually being set off.
    I am not sure but I think it may be related to "Arming/Reporting codes".

Also if anyone can enlighten me on reporting codes when the phone number is called? Is it supposed to make distinguishable sounds/codes that tell me what alarm is being set off?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steven22 View Post
    Hey all.
    I have a DSC pc1565 alarm system I have programmed and setup and it is all working correctly other then every time the alarm is armed it calls the set phone number 3 times with about 2 minutes in-between each call.
    I have left everything at defaults other then my zone attributes and access codes. I have also set the phone number.
    I would like it to only call the set number upon the alarm actually being set off.
    I am not sure but I think it may be related to "Arming/Reporting codes".

Also if anyone can enlighten me on reporting codes when the phone number is called? Is it supposed to make distinguishable sounds/codes that tell me what alarm is being set off?

Thanks in advance for any input!
    Hey mate. Turn off closings. I think its somewhere near feature/section 339. Might have to do it for each user from memory.

• The Following User Says Thank You to realistix For This Useful Post:

Steven22 (18-11-16)

Thanks

Location 365 - All should be off

• The Following User Says Thank You to xr5adam For This Useful Post:

Steven22 (18-11-16)

Thanks

Thanks heaps guys, I entered 365 in programming mode and switched the only lit number to off. Which was number 1.
    Now the alarm calls only when set off which is great. But still calls 3 times and can hear nothing through the phone. Is there a way to see/hear what set the alarm off and why you are being rung? (We have had multiple instances where the phone number has been called in the middle of the night, and upon rushing down to our shop we find the alarm is still set and has not been set off.)
    We get pretty constant brown outs and problem 4 is always lit (Read that this is a glitch and its okay). So im thinking maybe the brown outs cause a telephone line problem and the alarm is ringing us to report it? We do have a battery installed also.

Cheers a heap everyone!

Thanks

It is calling for the timer test

Set the communicator format to domestic dial and disabletest reports. Being a business why not pay for monitoring it is an operating expense and therefore a deduction

Thanks

So im guessing the Domestic Dial is the same as the Residential Dial option? For the Test reports my manual only seems to have a disable test transmission time of day setting. so I will disable that and set the communicator to residential instead of pager and let you know how it all goes. And yes, that would be a viable option, but we live closer to our shop then any monitoring agent and we can react to an alarm being set off a lot quicker without a monitoring middleman.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xr5adam View Post
    Being a business why not pay for monitoring it is an operating expense and therefore a deduction
    Hmmm... Not sure that's how a profitable business might make decisions.

But yes. DIY monitoring (MIY) is highly failure prone and often embarrassingly so. So it would be a Bad decision...
    Last edited by downunderdan; 22-11-16 at 12:25 PM.

Thanks

Yes although the only step in order for our alarm and monitoring to be where we need it is to ensure it ONLY calls when the alarm is triggered. The only other thing would be to receive reporting codes.
    With the information we have received and with our local monitoring agents it would not be beneficial in any way to not monitor it ourselves.
    We are an I.T company and may soon think about taking on Alarm systems as well. So any more knowledge I can learn about the programming alarms is beneficial. - Just a shame the manuals are so poorly written.