Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IS19 C-Band reception Perth Hep please

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by irdeto2engineer View Post
    AS I have said many times I don't think the Zinwell are much good. Even their KU band LNB's are deaf by 1 - 2db over some cheaper no name LNBF's.

Some of the cheap ones actually come close in gain to the Norsat KU LNB's which cost a fair amount of coin.

Glad you got sorted. The issue with the One Cable LNBF is the low 3600 which is not low enough for some of the satellites I use and need 3400
    I cant use a OCS lnbf either my 3.7metre dish sits on Palapa and need to see 3400-4200 so I have to use a a dual lnbf and multiswitch.
    I want to reuse my feed polar rotator but since the demise of analog I have no way of driving the servo so it just sits in my shed

Thanks

I am using a 3mt comparable dish in Perth and am fourtunate to have a clear view to the east down to 180e so I get most of the chs on i19 @166e, yes I think anything under 3mt and you will have issues on certain transponders.

Over the years I've used heaps of different LNBF and LNB combos and probebly the best I have is still a 15yrar old Cal Amp LNBF I got from Sciteq. The zinwell were crap, the Strongs were not much better and a lot coming out of China a clones of the Strong. these days it's like lotto you might score a winner with some obscure brand. Most C band sat services are so strong these days and technology has not really moved along . A manufactured picks out noise figures in a perfect world not in a real world setup. So again don't always look at that when buying a LNBF.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    I am using a 3mt comparable dish in Perth and am fourtunate to have a clear view to the east down to 180e so I get most of the chs on i19 @166e, yes I think anything under 3mt and you will have issues on certain transponders.

Over the years I've used heaps of different LNBF and LNB combos and probebly the best I have is still a 15yrar old Cal Amp LNBF I got from Sciteq. The zinwell were crap, the Strongs were not much better and a lot coming out of China a clones of the Strong. these days it's like lotto you might score a winner with some obscure brand. Most C band sat services are so strong these days and technology has not really moved along . A manufactured picks out noise figures in a perfect world not in a real world setup. So again don't always look at that when buying a LNBF.
    I agree Lnbfs are a gamble I have a cal amp c-band and Ku on a corotator feed its 20 years old but since no receivers now have rotator outputs for the skew its now sitting in the shed. I have found the sciteq Lnbf to be good The odrock single output is great for weak signals but the dual output is really bad. But I mainly get mine from Indonesia they have a local brand MMP thats good and at around 6 to 10 bucks each great value.

Thanks

If you don't mind spending a few dollars, consider this titanium Positioner. Besides the normal positioner options it has skew polorator control.

I have one and it has no problems moving my Heavy H to H mount and is rated well above the 5a that most V Boxes claim. I've smoked a few of them before I got this one now.

If you decide to get one, use their EBay store as the postage is less to Aust.
    Last edited by cmoore; 29-11-16 at 12:10 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to cmoore For This Useful Post:

carjackma (29-11-16)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by irdeto2engineer View Post
    I will go and check tomorrow as IS19 booms in for me on a 1.8m solid in Taiwan. I don't have a dish on it atm but have a 1.8m on the roof for testing signals.
    Currently on NSS6 95.e KU band AFN which also booms in for me.
    Yes Same hear after today Re align on the dish and SKEW.
    See my 1.8M Prodelin Offset Dish using on IS 19 was good but better today because I was having problem on TX 4081 in pixelation and the SKEW was at fault. I have a ADL Orthomode feed horn with budget $18 LNB's from Melbourne Sat so I tried my luck with the skew so I unbolted the Set screws About 10 of them , (thank Christ I put stainless steel bolts), mark the Skew left and right position with a fine point pen and observered to when pixielating. After this I found the middle and no Pixelating. Yeahhhhh.!!

I original blamed the budget $18 LNB's ( Drifting ) being the Problem but the Skew was the Problem. By the way the marks on the ADL Orthomode when I did the east west adjustment was 18MM from one to another so I park it in between.

20 Min to type this post, Tired, have to have a rest

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

carjackma (29-11-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Yes Same hear after today Re align on the dish and SKEW.
    See my 1.8M Prodelin Offset Dish using on IS 19 was good but better today because I was having problem on TX 4081 in pixelation and the SKEW was at fault. I have a ADL Orthomode feed horn with budget $18 LNB's from Melbourne Sat so I tried my luck with the skew so I unbolted the Set screws About 10 of them , (thank Christ I put stainless steel bolts), mark the Skew left and right position with a fine point pen and observered to when pixielating. After this I found the middle and no Pixelating. Yeahhhhh.!!

I original blamed the budget $18 LNB's ( Drifting ) being the Problem but the Skew was the Problem. By the way the marks on the ADL Orthomode when I did the east west adjustment was 18MM from one to another so I park it in between.

20 Min to type this post, Tired, have to have a rest
    What state are you in Mr 672 so I can compare signal/footprint maps to WA I have a 1.8 solid I was thinking of sticking on a pole and having a play

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carjackma View Post
    What state are you in Mr 672
    He's in QLD

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

carjackma (29-11-16)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

What state are you in Mr 672 so I can compare signal/footprint maps to WA I have a 1.8 solid I was thinking of sticking on a pole and having a play
    Sorry for the late reply. Brisbane Queensland.

10 seconds to type

Thanks

My 1.8M using the Skybox A1 give me a Signal and Quality of 93/68 on the Weakest Transponder being 4081 V.

Taken 20 second with two spelling mistakes and two words together
    The Above line I have 4 spelling mistakes with one two words together

Gruuuuuu F!@#$%^&*()K

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply. Brisbane Queensland.

10 seconds to type
    No need to apologize Your health is way more important than my pesky questions

Thanks

My 1.8M using the Skybox A1 give me a Signal and Quality of 93/68 on the Weakest Transponder being 4081 V.

Taken 20 second with two spelling mistakes and two words together
    The Above line I have 4 spelling mistakes with one two words together

Gruuuuuu F!@#$%^&*()K
    Wow thats not bad with the skybox you seem to be in a stronger footprint area than me .
    Hopefully you will be fully recovered and back to normal in no time I cant imagine how frustrating it must be for you.

Thanks

Wow thats not bad with the skybox you seem to be in a stronger footprint area than me .
    Hopefully you will be fully recovered and back to normal in no time I cant imagine how frustrating it must be for you.
    I will take time to repair my friend if ever, the first bit was in heaps and bounds for the difference to repair myself, the last bit if ever will take time.

I'm like a Car drag racing. To get to 14 seconds to 13 seconds it takes under $1000, to get to 13 sec to 12 seconds it take $10,000, to get to 11 Seconds it takes $20,000. You get my drift.

Typing to you guys is a pleasure as its giving me training. My Speech threapeee ( F ,,,,k to know how to spell that and spelling checker didn't find it) said I was doing something new as all he people she visits nothing do what I do.
    She Laugh!! she was reading the report and the the FIRST WORD THAT COME OUT OF MY MOUTH was F.CK. Horror-bull to not being to speak and to type you own name
    Any how life go on I give our Sat TV room a major update. very impressive. The marble still working good in that department but still sketchy what I did 5 years ago.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

carjackma (01-12-16)

Thanks

I agree Lnbfs are a gamble I have a cal amp c-band and Ku on a corotator feed its 20 years old but since no receivers now have rotator outputs for the skew its now sitting in the shed. I have found the sciteq Lnbf to be good The odrock single output is great for weak signals but the dual output is really bad. But I mainly get mine from Indonesia they have a local brand MMP thats good and at around 6 to 10 bucks each great value.
    About which is a hot LNB. there's a good thread here.>>> .

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B52 For This Useful Post:

carjackma (01-12-16),Mr 672A (02-12-16)

Thanks

UPDATE just a update to say my friend has been happy with his IS19 reception and sent me some pics to show signal quality in the middle of the day (when it would normally disappear on the zinwell LNBF )
    I think he has done well on a really bad hail damaged dish .

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carjackma For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (10-12-16),tristen (10-12-16)

Thanks

I posted yesterday but it seems some posts were lost in a rollback.

Anyways I setup a 1.8m solid on IS19 166e. I live in Taiwan but this satellite has always boomed in here. 1.2m would be enough.

I have another 1.8m on 169E so will setup a dual lnb holder primed on 169 and add 166 to it.

IF EVOLUTION WORKS, WHY SO MANY IDIOTS?

• The Following User Says Thank You to irdeto2engineer For This Useful Post:

carjackma (10-12-16)

Thanks

I thought some posts were missing

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12