Thread: Home Alarm Recomendations

Thanks

Default Home Alarm Recomendations

Hi,

We are building a new house and the builder is going to install an alarm for us (I won't go into why we can't get a security company to install it...). He was going to initially install a Hills NX8 Reliance system, however this didn't come with pet friendly detectors (albeit they are technically available...).

We now have to provide the alarm for the builder to put in and were recommended a Bosch 6000 series with pet friendly detectors and a wifi pad by a security company. However, I'd like a system that we can access via the internet / mobile phone (i.e. without using a security companies 'pay' gateway or GSM card), and that will have the capability to add video facilities, and perhaps an electronic front door lock in the future.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a suitable alarm system?

Please note we need to have something that will fit the existing wiring (based on the Hills NX8 system) otherwise will be further penalised for not providing the correct hardware - we're trying to avoid unnecessary costs!

Thanks in advance.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Bosch Solution 6000 will do all that. You gonna need a IP board though of course. Or just GSM module if it suits. By the way is the builder Licensed to install?
    Last edited by realistix; 04-12-16 at 07:25 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth1971 View Post
    Hi,

We are building a new house and the builder is going to install an alarm for us (I won't go into why we can't get a security company to install it...). He was going to initially install a Hills NX8 Reliance system, however this didn't come with pet friendly detectors (albeit they are technically available...).

We now have to provide the alarm for the builder to put in and were recommended a Bosch 6000 series with pet friendly detectors and a wifi pad by a security company. However, I'd like a system that we can access via the internet / mobile phone (i.e. without using a security companies 'pay' gateway or GSM card), and that will have the capability to add video facilities, and perhaps an electronic front door lock in the future.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a suitable alarm system?

Please note we need to have something that will fit the existing wiring (based on the Hills NX8 system) otherwise will be further penalised for not providing the correct hardware - we're trying to avoid unnecessary costs!

Thanks in advance.

Sounds all too familar to me, having worked for several security companies generally speaking there is always a markup, the hills r8 is a good panel but dated and basic, they will try and sell you that as it all comes down to cost.

I now work for a security company that cater for the needs of the customer and not what the builder wants you to do, generally builders have no idea on specs and will sell you wants in the package.

I can recommend the bosch 6000 as a good panel with options to have access on the mobile , the paradox sp6000 with tm50 keypad is good , being touch screen etc, and you can get an ip module for app access the mobile with email reporting etc.

you can also put PET friendly sensors with any panel, may i ask who you are building with?

• 10-01-17, 01:55 PM