Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pre-Web Satellite Resources

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I remember reading that LNB's only had one Polarity to begin with and when dual polarity was introduced, I am sure there was a mechanical arrangement available to do this but I dont know how it functioned other than it physically rotated the LNB through 90 degrees.
    I have an LNB made by Digi-1 AUST for Austar type No AE29 that says its a single output, 12.25 to 12.75 GHZ.
    Now whether that means single POLARITY I have no idea but its sure old.

A couple of those LNB's look very similar to those used on the Satellite Internet program.
    One is for Rx and the other is for Tx I believe.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

irritant (19-12-16)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    I remember reading that LNB's only had one Polarity to begin with and when dual polarity was introduced, I am sure there was a mechanical arrangement available to do this but I dont know how it functioned other than it physically rotated the LNB through 90 degrees....
    It's called a polarotor. See

• The Following User Says Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

irritant (19-12-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

I remember reading that LNB's only had one Polarity to begin with and when dual polarity was introduced, I am sure there was a mechanical arrangement available to do this but I dont know how it functioned other than it physically rotated the LNB through 90 degrees.
    I have an LNB made by Digi-1 AUST for Austar type No AE29 that says its a single output, 12.25 to 12.75 GHZ.
    Now whether that means single POLARITY I have no idea but its sure old.
    Single output means just the one cable coming out/exiting from the LNB, i.e. a single LNB (vs dual, quattro, octo, etc.).

Yep, many times they had to be adjusted by hand, through 90° to get the "other" polarity. I read a guide a year or two ago from the 90s instructing owner's of the HACBSS antennas how to change their LNB polarity for some channel in the Central Australian Optus B footprint or national footprint that was changing from V to H.

A couple of those LNB's look very similar to those used on the Satellite Internet program.
    One is for Rx and the other is for Tx I believe.

• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123